P3 Firmware Firmware ??

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got a P3A (not yet flown) and am trying to sort out the firmware.

I read a bit about DJI not having good support, but I firstly have to say, that is not the case for me so far. I've now twice gone to their site and had someone friendly answering my questions in under a minute - that's pretty good in my book. However there is one issue in that I got slightly conflicting info from two different people there.

First person said I need to update the aircraft with 1.4 followed by 1.6 and I need to update my RC with 1.5 but that has to be through the app.

So I promptly updated the aircraft with 1.5 (yeah, need glasses...) and it worked fine and the file said it was a success!

Then the next day I went back to the DJI site and told them I messed up and was told it doesn't matter, just update the aircraft to 1.6. So I did that, and that worked successfully.

Then I flashed everything up, and in the app it said I needed to do a imu calibration which I did and now it seems to think everything is up to date (?) and all good. So I cant attempt to update the RC at all, as it says I have the latest firmware already.

So that's got me a bit confused, but it all seems to be fine and starts fine and everything works fine in Simulator (if that matters).

But now I'm wondering about extra batteries. Do I need to in order, run the updates through the aircraft to update extra batteries, or do I just need to put the file in from the latest 1.6 update?

Thanks

Last edited:
Leave the 1.6 BIN file on the micro SD card, and when you stick a spare battery in and turn the Phantom on, the camera lights will flsh red/green for a couple of minutes and then stay solid green, and you are done.

Check what firmware you have by going to the about screen. R/C should be 1.57

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj