Firmware

Is it time to update firmware now? I am sure I am running the same firmware it was released with. What do I gain or loose with the latest firmware?

MikesTooLz said:
matthewh said:
What firmware will a new PV+ come with? Should it be updated when I receive it?
It comes with the latest firmware already installed. I just double checked and no updates were available as it had the latest.
3.0 is not the latest firmware. Once you upgrade past this, you lose time on your decent rate. I think DJI restricts it to 2 feet per second. According to DJI, you need the latest firmware to use the waypoint features in their latest app; however, I've heard from others that 3.0 still works with the waypoint features.

I had to update firmware on my 10 day old v2 shipped direct from Dji. I have a new one that shipped Friday and bet it needs upgrade too.

The version shipped is whatever was available when your particular bird left the factory. Who knows how long it took to get to your dealer and how long it has been in his shelf. If you are new to the product, I would update to the latest firmware available when you get it, that way you will have the latest bug fixes and the advantage of all the manufacturers improvements and features. The product does not upgrade itself in transit. The general rule is newer firmware will work better than older firmware.

Be sure to download the latest manual as well. Some of the practices are different that what has been previously released.

I upgraded from v3 to v1.08 which seems strange. This is a PV+. I then did a basic RC calibration followed by a Tools IMU basic cali. I guess thats it. Not happy my descent rate is lowered but I guess.

1.08 does not limit your descent rate. That's the firmware I run on p2v and my plus. No problem, just watch out if your bird gets wobbly on the way down. It is better to keep moving rather than descend in a hover. :D

The latest firmware here on vision+, tx and app. 40 flights so far with no issues at all. The descent is a little slow but never had a probem and you should always descend at an angle not straight down just in case.
UKFlyer

An update to the original question, vPlus are now being shipped with v3.04 installed. I tried all the saved firmware files I have in an attempt to get back to v3.0 and was unsuccessful. The only option that still works is the v1.08.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik