Firmware will NOT process properly - Argh!

Reaction score
I've read most of the firmware threads but don't see this problem:

I have a new DJI 3 Professional. I tried to fly yesterday but it had red cautions all over the place and the app says upgrades are needed for the aircraft, the battery and the camera, as well as an IMU error.

I've now watched 3 different vids, gone meticulously through the process 6X and done everything everyone says. All I get is solid red lights on front, red-green-yellow flashing on rear, a solid green light on the indicator and an endless beep-beep. No beep-beep-beep-beep and no beep ... beep-beep like I'm supposed to get.

I left it yesterday for well over an hour, twice.

The card, when put back into the PC, doesn't show the 'success' file.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:
Unless there's something wrong with the Phantom 3 itself, there's something you're missing...

Somethings that are overlooked:

-The Phantom 3 should have a fully charged battery.
-The Controller MUST be OFF.
-The Firmware MUST be for the model of Phantom 3 you own.
-The Unzipped Firmware file MUST sit in the root directory of the Micro SD card.
-There should not be ANY other files on the Micro SD card (fast format the Micro SD card
before you copy the Firmware file onto the Micro SD card).
-The Micro SD card should be formatted to FAT32.
-The Micro SD card must be: Max capacity: 64 GB, Class 10 or UHS-1 rating.
-The Phantom 3 must be OFF when inserting/removing the Micro SD card.
-Once powered on the for an update, the Phantom 3 should be left alone.

Sounds like you were following directions... maybe one of these were overlooked?

Good Luck!

CarMof, try installing the firmware exactly like this.

Thanks, I've done all that.
When I put in the reformatted card in and turn it on, the front lights stay solid red and the rear lights flash red/green/yellow. The status light stays solid green and it makes a quick "beep-beep" sound. It will do this until either the battery runs out or I turn it off.
The card does not have a .txt file on it.
I've done it 8x now.
How long should I leave it double beeping at me?

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but I have a few questions for you:

1) Which version of the firmware is installed now?
2) Which version are you trying to install?
3) What's the name of the firmware file on your memory card?

I don't know how to tell what's installed now. I'm trying to install P3X_FW_V01.06.0040. This is the name of the firmware file on the card now because I re-formatted it so anything else is gone.

I just double-checked the app and it's up to date. I hooked up the iPad, plugged it all in, and it let me do an IMU calibration. Now all the red warnings are gone, the beeping has stopped and it's safe to fly. Really?!

Argh, sez me.

So I have no idea if anything's updated or even NEEDS updating but apparently she's ready to hit the skies.

If you go into the DJI Go App, you can check current versions of the Go App, the P3's Firmware, and the Battery's Firmware.

To get this info, you have to go to the main menu on the Go App, with your P3, tablet and remote all on, and connected.
Then you press the icon to the right of the home button. This is the MC Settings menu. On the left there are tabs, press the bottom tab marked [...]
(Three dots) scroll to the bottom of that menu, and click "ABOUT", and versions of all software/firmware are listed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj