Firmware will not download

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find a resolution form searching.

My phantom 4 says it needs a firmware update but it will not download.

I've tried force quitting the DJI Go app and made sure it's up to date.
Here's what happens:

Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem currently. Perhaps, there is a server issue. I'll try again tomorrow. For now, the P4 will be flightless until they figure this one out.

Captains Log:

I was somehow able to download the firmware. the only thing I did different was unplug the iPad from the RC and it somehow kept the download going.

Download complete [emoji818]️

But now...

it won't recognize the **** USB connection [emoji35]
I tried 2 different lightning cables.
and rebooting everything

I can tell it's connected because the "charging" indicator on the iPad turns on.

Will report back with any progress.

To me, the connection to the bird did not look good, seems like the left side was not flush. Good luck. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones, my update went smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Delete The App, reboot, download again and install. It might work,

It's most likely a server or connectivity issue. Give it a while and try again. If you know the IP address of their server, try a route trace to see if your location is connected to it or if any of the segments time out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I deleted the app. got it again. Nope. same issue as you guys and my connector to the phantom looks off as well.
DJI really needs to put some good people on this because for an update, that you are prompted to do, to disable the drone is a capital offense. Starting to regret buying this piece of crap.

We are too having server issues. Now it's going at a very slow speed. Fingers crossed

Download hanged at 22% after which we clicked continue download and it's slowly moving again. Our iPhone directly connected to rc remote

It seems that you need to have latest app version of Dji go to be able to download the firmware update. So we just finished downloading update and it now asked us to connect iPhone to the drone to finish updating firmware. It is upgrading now.

It seems that you need to have latest app version of Dji go to be able to download the firmware update. So we just finished downloading update and it now asked us to connect iPhone to the drone to finish updating firmware. It is upgrading now.
I did that this morning.
It didn't make any difference.

Can you add any steps or details on how you got it to work?

Thanks

Step 1. Delete old DJi app and turn off drone and remote
Step2. Download new Dji app
Step 3. Plug mobile device to remote control
Step 4. Turn drone and rc on and start the newly installed app. It will prompt to update firmware.
Step4. Once firmware downloaded it will ask to unplug cable from remote control and plug into drone using accessory. After that it will install update, slower than usual.
Step 5. After successful update unplug cable from drone and plug back to rc.
Done.

Ok. This is my contribution to the firmware download problem (I had same issues as many of you).
This worked for me and in my specific scenario. This is the rundown:
  1. I have a Surface Pro 3 Win8.1 (everything update is up to date).
  2. I have DJI Assistant 2 installed on SP3 since I got my bird and did my first update with it. Everything 100%OK.
  3. Today, turned on RC, turned on bird, opened DJI Go App with iPad Mini 4 (with latest iOS ver. and connected to my home wireless network)
  4. "New Firmware Update" for bird and RC message comes up during warm up phase.
  5. I hit "Upgrade" button, it takes less than 5 min. to update RC. Update successful.
  6. Connected bird to Surface Pro 3 with the bird's included USB cable from bird's mini-usb to SP3's USB port.
  7. Opened DJI Assistant 2 on my SP3. New firmware version for bird is shown on screen. I hit update button. It downloads up to 25% and then disconnects itself from download. Tried it 3 times. Same result.
  8. Got pissed off at DJI...dedicated a few curse words for them...
  9. Decided to do update with through the DJI Go App, iPad Mini 4 connected to my RC (for safety do not put propellers on).
  10. DJI Go App>>Home screen, hit "upgrade" button. It started downloading, but after 1 min. or so, it paused by itself. Hit "Continue Download" and it paused by itself again. Tried this same procedure 4 times. Same results.
  11. Got pissed off DJI, again...this time I inhaled / exhaled 3 times.
  12. Decided to install DJI Assistant 2 to an extra laptop HP Win 8.1 that I have. Installation successful.
  13. Connected bird as in #6 above, into HP laptop and opened DJI Assistant 2. Logged in and it recognized bird.
  14. Checked firmware version. Confirmed that a new version is available and hit "Update" button.
  15. Firmware downloaded without problem 100%.
  16. It started automatic firmware install into bird...up to 90% installation. It stuck there for 20 minutes approximately.
  17. While it was stuck in 90% I noticed that the little green light on top of mini usb and sd card reader of bird was actually, green!
  18. So, although it was stuck at 90% on my laptop screen, I decided to exit the DJI Assistant.
  19. Turned on RC, connected bird, opened DJI Go App and YESSSS!!!!.....message on DJI Go App is refreshed with the new updated.
  20. Turned on motors. Successful!!!
  21. Will fly bird early morning tomorrow. Test flight.
Will update tomorrow on how it went. I hope the above helps.

Good evening everyone.

I am having similar issues - download pauses by itself. I restart it, and it pauses again - i did this MANY times, and it finally installed. But NOW there's another FW release, and I have the same issues, but cannot get passed 0% downloaded

Ok. This is my contribution to the firmware download problem (I had same issues as many of you).
This worked for me and in my specific scenario. This is the rundown:
  1. I have a Surface Pro 3 Win8.1 (everything update is up to date).
  2. I have DJI Assistant 2 installed on SP3 since I got my bird and did my first update with it. Everything 100%OK.
  3. Today, turned on RC, turned on bird, opened DJI Go App with iPad Mini 4 (with latest iOS ver. and connected to my home wireless network)
  4. "New Firmware Update" for bird and RC message comes up during warm up phase.
  5. I hit "Upgrade" button, it takes less than 5 min. to update RC. Update successful.
  6. Connected bird to Surface Pro 3 with the bird's included USB cable from bird's mini-usb to SP3's USB port.
  7. Opened DJI Assistant 2 on my SP3. New firmware version for bird is shown on screen. I hit update button. It downloads up to 25% and then disconnects itself from download. Tried it 3 times. Same result.
  8. Got pissed off at DJI...dedicated a few curse words for them...
  9. Decided to do update with through the DJI Go App, iPad Mini 4 connected to my RC (for safety do not put propellers on).
  10. DJI Go App>>Home screen, hit "upgrade" button. It started downloading, but after 1 min. or so, it paused by itself. Hit "Continue Download" and it paused by itself again. Tried this same procedure 4 times. Same results.
  11. Got pissed off DJI, again...this time I inhaled / exhaled 3 times.
  12. Decided to install DJI Assistant 2 to an extra laptop HP Win 8.1 that I have. Installation successful.
  13. Connected bird as in #6 above, into HP laptop and opened DJI Assistant 2. Logged in and it recognized bird.
  14. Checked firmware version. Confirmed that a new version is available and hit "Update" button.
  15. Firmware downloaded without problem 100%.
  16. It started automatic firmware install into bird...up to 90% installation. It stuck there for 20 minutes approximately.
  17. While it was stuck in 90% I noticed that the little green light on top of mini usb and sd card reader of bird was actually, green!
  18. So, although it was stuck at 90% on my laptop screen, I decided to exit the DJI Assistant.
  19. Turned on RC, connected bird, opened DJI Go App and YESSSS!!!!.....message on DJI Go App is refreshed with the new updated.
  20. Turned on motors. Successful!!!
  21. Will fly bird early morning tomorrow. Test flight.
Will update tomorrow on how it went. I hope the above helps.

Good evening everyone.
I didn't have all those issues at all. Used the assistant on my MacBookPro. Same thing though with the 90% issue. It was there and didn't move for about 10 minutes, but I also noticed the light had turned green, so as nervous as I was, thinking I'm either going to be fine, or bring back a bricked bird to Best Buy. Of course you know already, it was 100% fine, and since then my updates have been so nice and simple and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having similar issues - download pauses by itself. I restart it, and it pauses again - i did this MANY times, and it finally installed. But NOW there's another FW release, and I have the same issues, but cannot get passed 0% downloaded

My daughter solved this one, when she plugged the iPhone directly into the aircraft. I always had it plugged into the controller. Duh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie