Firmware warning wrong?

Reaction score
When I launch my P3A I get an error that says I need to upgrade the firmware. When I plug the bird in it tells me firmware is up-to-date. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Regardless what some other folks say, I always start out with my phone connected to the Internet.

Or, if I'm using my WiFi-only tablet, I use the phone's hot spot to connect to the tablet's WiFi. That way, the GO App gets the latest information, as well as allowing Google maps to load and set the home-point correctly.

Then, after everything has initialized (either before or after takeoff), sometimes I switch into airplane mode to reduce the processing load on the phone. But when I've forgotten, I've never had a serious problem.

Bear Mountain, try connecting everything on your kitchen table without the props, with the phone connected to the Internet, and give it a few minutes to settle in, perhaps. You could even start and kill the engines a couple of times, just to test the entire system, and to adjust the app settings to your liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
I had the same thing it was my batt that needed to be updated, are u using a second battery ?
We're it asks you for the update can you press the screen to scroll right it should then say batt needs update,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had this issue and ended uo having to send my p3 adv in for repair! The remote firmware is wrong, if you have a B model remote it can't take a firmware update. When I attempted the download it put my remote in limbo. Would turn on and off no sound, weird red and green LEDs lit at same time and wouldnot connect to anything. Yes the firmware broke my remote for good. Factory reset procedure would do nothing. Beware! I have been without my bird for 3 weeks, should be back on Monday. Avoid this headache. I will report back to as what dji claims the problem was.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj