Firmware v3.04 Full SD card???

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with your SD card filling up after 2 minutes of footage with the new update??

2 minutes of video taken? So it's taking 4 gigs worth of video in that amount of time? Is it playable?

Zycor said:
2 minutes of video taken? So it's taking 4 gigs worth of video in that amount of time? Is it playable?
Yes, the video plays back, looks fine but is a HUGE file, not sure whats happening.

He is saying the files are huge so its not that its not seeing the entire card. Tamayberry, if you are using a Windows PC, right click on the mp4 and click Properties at the bottom of list... then click the Details tab at top. Under the Video information, please report the Length (time) of the video, the Data rate (which should be same as Total bitrate) and the frame rate it shot the video in and please report back. Curious if its recording at a higher bitrate which may be causing it.

Zycor said:
He is saying the files are huge so its not that its not seeing the entire card. Tamayberry, if you are using a Windows PC, right click on the mp4 and click Properties at the bottom of list... then click the Details tab at top. Under the Video information, please report the Length (time) of the video, the Data rate (which should be same as Total bitrate) and the frame rate it shot the video in and please report back. Curious if its recording at a higher bitrate which may be causing it.
Thank you for the help, I am on a Mac, and new at this so I was not sure where to find the info, but what I have is, first video 1 min 58 sec 187 MB, second video 2 min 3 sec 202 MB. I'm oretty sure I was shooting at 30 frames, if I had it at 60 frames would this make sense, or would that still seem too big? Also shooting at night, does this make a difference?

Probably a silly question... did you empty the trash bin after you've deleted the older files on the SD card?

If you've deleted the older video files on a Mac, Finder will just move it to the trash can and memory on your SD card will not free up until you delete it from trash as well.

Flighttime said:
Probably a silly question... did you empty the trash bin after you've deleted the older files on the SD card?

If you've deleted the older video files on a Mac, Finder will just move it to the trash can and memory on your SD card will not free up until you delete it from trash as well.

+1 ..... On a mac you need to empty the trash after dragging files into it.... Or just reformat the card, and all your space will be available again...

Thank you for the help, I am on a Mac, and new at this so I was not sure where to find the info, but what I have is, first video 1 min 58 sec 187 MB, second video 2 min 3 sec 202 MB. I'm oretty sure I was shooting at 30 frames, if I had it at 60 frames would this make sense, or would that still seem too big? Also shooting at night, does this make a difference?[/quote]

OK, the two files you just talked about are within range of what the files should be. Those two file are less than 400MB combined. So you should be able to get roughly 40 minutes of video on that 4gig card. These numbers are all correct, I agree with the other guys with the MACs, there must be other files still on there, but otherwise what you are reporting are all in correct range.

To be sure the maximum space is available, it's best to format the card from the Vision App once you are sure anything you want is on the computer.
With the supplied 4GB card it will be about half full after two battery's worth of flights, so do it pretty much every time you start up for the day.

This is the same with all digital cameras really, just deleting often seems to result in bits and pieces left behind.
Formatting gives you a completely clean start.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj