Firmware V02.00.0700 freeze during upload....

Reaction score
Help,

I was attempting to upload the latest firmware V02.00.0700, and got to 84%, and then a message pops up something to the effect of the device does not support ... then it pops off, and here I sit at 84% while the batteries continue to drain on both my iPad and the drone.

Am I toast????

Did you make any progress with this?

I think I may have lucked out. After 20+ minutes of sitting at 84% I disconnected the cord from my iPad to the drone and reconnected it to the controller and re-synced to the drone and it said I have the current firmware.

The drone lights didn’t flash abnormally, so I shut everything down and walked away. I have 50/50 updating firmware on my Phantom. It just doesn’t load as simply as they demonstrate on the YouTube videos that I view before I attempt the update. Freezing at 84% and not getting the “Firmware Update Successful “ does not inspire confidence.

The firmware does usually install as easily as shown in the videos when doing everything properly. And when it doesn't, restarting the Phantom and running the update process again usually works.

I followed the update/install process as demonstrated in the video. I didn't feel particularly comfortable to turn off the Phantom when the install process was at 84% (as noted in the process that not allowing the process to "complete" would risk rendering the drone inoperable). It appears that the software had a hiccup and simply failed to display that it completed the upload/install process. I think it locked when the drone was shutdown/restarted and the display should have listed "successful". Instead it just sat at 84% when it actually was finished.

I don't know - I am not a tech person, just a person with modest computer experience and a standard level of confidence with loading user-friendly apps. Firmware uploads from DJI is a bit clunky. My experience is that if I have more frequent experience loading items - I generally get better at it. I've owned/operated my Phantom for about 1.5 years and this is probably my 3rd or 4th update - so I certainly am not at a confident level yet. It seems that this install could occur while connected to my iPad instead of downloading the update to my laptop, then connecting to my drone. I prefer this method, as long as the process proceeds as displayed in the YouTube videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20