Firmware upgrade when new. Automatically newest version?

Reaction score
Hi,
Been bodging about with my P3S for about a month now. When I first got it, it told me to upgrade the firmware, which I duly did. Ever since then, and hearing the horror stories of poor range etc on 1.6.8, I thought I must have got lucky as mine seems ok ish, I'm in a CE location, UK, and can get 1200m on a good day and location.
However yesterday, I got the message 'New firmware available - 1.6.8'
So finally remembered to check, and in dji go, it says app version 2.whatever, underneath that version 1.2.4, is this the firmware version I'm on?
If so, dare I / should I upgrade it?

if its working good don't upgrade just ignore it

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I know that the general rule is if it works, leave it alone. But the only thing that made me contemplate trying it is the intelligent flight modes, in theory they should work better on the newer firmware? So far the follow me has been useless, with a nexus 7, and my sony mobile phone.

Hi,
Been bodging about with my P3S for about a month now. When I first got it, it told me to upgrade the firmware, which I duly did. Ever since then, and hearing the horror stories of poor range etc on 1.6.8, I thought I must have got lucky as mine seems ok ish, I'm in a CE location, UK, and can get 1200m on a good day and location.
However yesterday, I got the message 'New firmware available - 1.6.8'
So finally remembered to check, and in dji go, it says app version 2.whatever, underneath that version 1.2.4, is this the firmware version I'm on?
If so, dare I / should I upgrade it?

I got this as well. I know I'm on 1.6.8, and suddenly one day it claims I have 1.2.4 and tells me to upgrade. I didn't do it as I knew I was on 1.6.8.
Now suddenly it shows 1.6.8 again without me doing anything.
And by the way, my range is just fine too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah, very strange, I'll check on mine again to what it says next time I fly, but it's definitely always said to upgrade since it first appeared.
Think I'll be leaving it alone anyway!
Cheers.

I've got a Standard and a Pro, and I upgrade both anytime it asks. No problems whatsoever.

Reactions: Kwaka Pants

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik