Firmware upgrade RC First?!?

Reaction score
I accidentally upgraded my radio controller first. Now when I plug my iPhone into my phantom there is no prompt upgrade the aircraft firmware. What can I do?

The answers are in this thread, post #22 on page 2:

Firmware update broke RC connection
Take should have updated the bird first using assistant. But contrary to post 22, because of where you are at, take the adapter (the micro usb out to full size), put that in the bird.

Plug either a USB or LIGHTNING (depending on if you are using iOS device or Android) and make sure you have a good internet connection.

Load up DJI GO and wait about 10-30 seconds and it will tell you have a firmware. I would first enter the app even though you won't see anything because you have different firmware and software and they won't speak to each other. Wait for GO app to tell you you need to upgrade the RC (this should be fast). Then there is another firmware so do it all again. There is one that will take a good 15 mins.

If it fails for some reason do it again. I promise if you keep this cycle, you will end up with a fully updated bird. I just did this to my second P4 and I recorded it and will put it up shortly.

Good luck. It's pretty simple stuff. Not sure why so many people are having an issue.

I think people are having issues because there is so much conflicting information. I noticed today that (a part from having to re-download the app to get it to recognise there was an upgrade for my P4), it didn't make any difference whether I upgraded RC first or the Aircraft!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460740835.262094.jpg

Another point, IMU calibration after f/w upgrade: I was about to do this when I thought I'd check the IMU settings - They were fine! I don't see the point in calibration regardless what one has done to their aircraft if the settings are still showing 'Excellent'. In fact, though I've only flown half a dozen (short) missions since owning the P4, I've never done an IMU calibration despite having down 2 full f/w upgrades, and my images look level.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460740747.399221.jpg

Last edited:
I up graded mine here are the numbers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic