Firmware upgrade problem

Reaction score
Every time I attempt to upgrade my firmware I get the following message: "The current firmware does not support downgrade. The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

I have attempted to install every firmware listed including Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.8.80.

If anyone out there could help me with this I will be forever grateful:).

What is your current FW version on the aircraft and what version are you trying to install?

If you are trying to install v1.8.80 I had major issues with this. tried and tried sooo many times but could not get it to work on my aircraft but one solution did work for me. (skip to paragraph 4 for a solution that worked for me)

I was not getting video from my phantom 3 pro anymore and the firmware was showing as v1.8.80 through the app but it never once installed properly (i did not get firmware successful in the .txt file)

After the 30th, or so, time trying (formatting memory card, downloading fresh copies of the firmware from different computer and wifi networks, putting the firmware through the computer via sd card usb adapter and directly to the p3p through the usb cable from the gimbal port) I was fresh out of ideas then the "cold calibration" technique came to mind so I put my phantom in the fridge for 30 minutes exactly and wham my video feed came back.. being over exited i left the phantom on for about 7 mins just testing it etc as I had a video to shoot the next morning. I though to try the firmware update once again but it didnt work again..

(solution)
so.... I formatted the card on the computer via sd usb adapter, put it back in the phantom, re-formatted it through the DJI GO app, put it back in the computer and downloaded and put a fresh version of firmware v1.8.80 and inserted the memory card back into the P3P, put in a fresh new battery and put the whole thing back into the fridge for exactly 30 minutes (timed). When i took it out, i powered on the aircraft and the upgrade sequence started, after about 10 mins I could feel the gimbal getting hot so i put it back in the fridge, whilst the calibration was ongoing, but this time I left the fridge door open and just sat back and waited... Wouldn't you know it, it worked.

I dont know if it was anything I did or just pure luck and persistence but I finally got it to work and have not had video transmissions issues ever since

FredHayes, please post the TXT log file from your memory card.

This was about 3 weeka ago so i dont have the log file and dont know how to get it back but i think i have a video of me doing the "cold update" in the fridge on computer somewhere ill have a look for it later tonight

hi

cld try reformatting the sd card (blank it) redownload the upgraded firm ware and run through the whole lot again ...
i asked our dji support over here (UK) base in the Netherlands , actually i ranted a bit about upgrades excluding veriouse tabs and running issues with newer "better" upgrades and surgested that dji make a feture so that earlyer firmwares can be installed as choise when pilot prefers (...and a bit more ranting but we wont talk about that !) cut and pasted a very nice ladies reply below ... please pass on and post if this works for anyone ... mines all ok at mo with newest F.W. on a Sam Gala s2 and ipad air 2 so , not brakeing what doesnt need fixing ... heres the dji support reply below ...

Dear Sean,

Thank you for contacting DJI Netherlands Support Center.

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. I understand where you coming from and I do apologized for the inconvenience caused. With regard to this, you can also try to downgrade the firmware using you dji go app by this following steps:

1. Make sure to connect the device on the remote controller.
2. Go to the home page.
3. Press and hold the academy hat on the upper right hand corner 10 to 15 seconds.
4. There will be an option to downgrade the firmware.

If the issue still persist you can also send an email to [email protected] for more information.

Should you have any questions feel free to email us.

Thank you for choosing Dji
Best Regards,
Teresa

hope it helps ... chocks away !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member