Firmware Upgrade help needed

Reaction score
When I got my Phantom v2+ back in May, I installed the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.0 software. I elected not to upgrade the firmware at the time, but I have activated NAZA mode.

I've now decided I'd like to upgrade, but when I connect the software to the Phantom, no upgrade message appears on the opening screen. When I go to "Upgrade", the firmware is shown as "3.0" and no upgrades available.

Do I have to download a new "assistant" package before I can upgrade the firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-10-13 18.08.37.png
    Screenshot 2014-10-13 18.08.37.png
    707.6 KB · Views: 400
Gary567 said:
When I got my Phantom v2+ back in May, I installed the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.0 software. I elected not to upgrade the firmware at the time, but I have activated NAZA mode.

I've now decided I'd like to upgrade, but when I connect the software to the Phantom, no upgrade message appears on the opening screen. When I go to "Upgrade", the firmware is shown as "3.0" and no upgrades available.

Do I have to download a new "assistant" package before I can upgrade the firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Well have you went to the DJI site and downloaded the latest software recently? The message and firmware is bundled with the software. Its a stupid setup really.

I would delete what you have, download the new from their site and try again.

Yes, as rrmccabe says download "Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2" to get latest firmware updates. It should upgrade MC firmware to v1.0.1.32 and Main Controller Firmware to v3.06

Yes, I have downloaded Assistant_3.2 and still get the same message. I'm wondering if I have to turn off NAZA before I can get the upgrade?

Did you happen to delete the old P2 assistant icon from desktop? I see two on your screenshot, are you possibly using the icon pointed to Assistant 3.0?

Try going to programs, selecting the phantom folder, then selecting the latest 3.2 shortcut.

Good catch, but the second icon is the installer only.

EDIT: I just went to another computer and did a clean install of the dji driver and the Assistant 3.2 software. Hooked up the Phantom and got the same results - No upgrade available.

Did you keep 3.0 or uninstall it prior to installing 3.2? I was able to keep both, but removed the 3.0 icon from desktop prior to new software install.

Right click the current icon selecting properties. Make sure its pointing to the latest program. Its start in path should be -"C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.2\Phantom2.exe"

Damon said:
Did you keep 3.0 or uninstall it prior to installing 3.2? I was able to keep both, but removed the 3.0 icon from desktop prior to new software install.

Right click the current icon selecting properties. Make sure its pointing to the latest program. Its start in path should be -"C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.2\Phantom2.exe"

I kept 3.0, but went directly to the program folder and started 3.2 from there. Also did a clean install on another computer and got the same results.

Also you can click on the "i Info" button once software is running to verify current version 3.2

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 425
Damon said:
Also you can click on the "i Info" button once software is running to verify current version 3.2

Thanks, I just verified that I'm indeed using 3.2.

And it still won't upgrade firmware?
This is my current firmware, granted ours will be slightly different in places if you have a vision plus model.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 354

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20