Firmware upgrade failed

Reaction score
Ok I'm so frustrated with my Phantom 3 pro. I've had mine since June and flown it many times. I've done all of the updates successfully and used all the new features. I recently flew out to CA from AR and filmed a wedding. I had just bought a new DJI backpack case and just carried on the plane. I had absolutely no problems. When I got home I took it out of the case to fly. When I turned on the aircraft it started up trying to do an update. I had just done an update before I went on my trip. Not sure why it did but I got that awful sound of DDDDDDD which means update failed. I can connect the RC to the aircraft I just have no video. So I contacted DJI they requested the log file. Not the log file that you get when you put the SD card in that tells you if your update was successful. It's the one where you connect the gimbal platform to your PC. Anyway after I sent the log file to DJI they say sorry to tell you but we need you to send it to get it repaired. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there any solution that wouldn't require me to send this off? Thanks

Ok I'm so frustrated with my Phantom 3 pro. I've had mine since June and flown it many times. I've done all of the updates successfully and used all the new features. I recently flew out to CA from AR and filmed a wedding. I had just bought a new DJI backpack case and just carried on the plane. I had absolutely no problems. When I got home I took it out of the case to fly. When I turned on the aircraft it started up trying to do an update. I had just done an update before I went on my trip. Not sure why it did but I got that awful sound of DDDDDDD which means update failed. I can connect the RC to the aircraft I just have no video. So I contacted DJI they requested the log file. Not the log file that you get when you put the SD card in that tells you if your update was successful. It's the one where you connect the gimbal platform to your PC. Anyway after I sent the log file to DJI they say sorry to tell you but we need you to send it to get it repaired. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there any solution that wouldn't require me to send this off? Thanks
There are various FW update issues everyday, that yours may or may not be the issue apply to any of those threads-- if DJI wants to fix it and it is still under warranty, send it in. The turn around times have been very good here of late.

Yes, you, me, and and almost everyone else with a phantom has lost their video signal from the latest POS remote firmware update. Do a search for "no signal" and you will get an idea of the Hell DJI has created for us. I think the only people that are working fine on the new firmware are Bobmeyers, petelear, and one or two others. The latest update breaks the video feed, so you'll most likely have to send it back. Bob knows well about this issue, but disregards it. I'm starting to think he works for DJI and wrote the latest firmware, but doesn't want to accept that it is a widespread problem and has broken everyone's video feed. DJI said their calls are increasing in numbers every day with this issue, but they have not released a fix yet, and state that you will have to send it in.

Yes, you, me, and and almost everyone else with a phantom has lost their video signal from the latest POS remote firmware update. Do a search for "no signal" and you will get an idea of the Hell DJI has created for us. I think the only people that are working fine on the new firmware are Bobmeyers, petelear, and one or two others. The latest update breaks the video feed, so you'll most likely have to send it back. Bob knows well about this issue, but disregards it. I'm starting to think he works for DJI and wrote the latest firmware, but doesn't want to accept that it is a widespread problem and has broken everyone's video feed. DJI said their calls are increasing in numbers every day with this issue, but they have not released a fix yet, and state that you will have to send it in.
I have the latest firmware for the RC and all is well. Only a few is having problems, majority of people are happily flying.

My suggestion that worked for me with this problem.
I ran the update to my iPhone 6 perfectly then I pressed go to update the controller. It completely screwed it up and no matter what I did the controller would not connect to the Phantom and my display said 'no signal'. The cure was so simple, I started the update to the controller using an android phone (Samsung), the update ran perfectly and now all is well and working with my iPhone 6.
Stupidly simple!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl