firmware upgrade 3.12->3.16 questions

Reaction score
Hi,
I have purchased a phantom, which has version 3.12 firmware. The course lock mode does not seem to work (forward direction is always towards the nose of the device, irrespectively from the IOC mode I choose). Is it possible that a firmware upgrade would help? Or should I send it back to the shop without trying to upgrade the firmware?

My other question is: NAZA-M Assistant tells me to notice the receiver type at [Basic-RC], because I will need it after the upgrade. However, I can not choose the [Basic] tab, NAZA-M tells me I need to upgrade main controller firmware to new version. This seems to be a deadlock. Is there a way out?

Sorry, I am a complete newbie, and since this piece of hardware was not too cheap for a toy, I better ask before messing around.

Thank you
Daniel

Ok I dared to go ahead.

The firmware upgrade was easy, just one click, and then it succeeded quite soon.

The receiver type is not a serious issue. The NAZA-M Assistant displays what you do with the remote control unit (it did not work for me before the firmware upgrade, so I didn't really know what it is about). So even if you did not note the RC type before the firmware upgrade, you can easily figure it out. Go to Basic/RC, and try selecting 'between Tradigion, D-Bus and PPM. When you select the correct one, the software will show what you are doing with the remote. Voila. It is most probably the PPM.

As I learned after some googling, IOC (course lock and home lock) is not enabled by default, one has to enable it via NAZA-M Assistant. Since this software refused to do anything without the firmware upgrade, yes indeed I needed to upgrade the firmware to enable IOC, but I guess it is not version 3.16 which made the change.

I will write my experiences with 3.16 in a separate post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues