Firmware upgrade 1.9.6

Reaction score
My phantom 3 pro was working great but I went against my better judgement," if it ain't broke don't touch it".
Well I did. I upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.9.6. It shows the firmware was successful.. When I tried to fly it, the lights were blinking green but the Dji go app shows disconnected. I tried several times to turn off and turn on but to no avail.
It is so frustrating to upgrade the firmware on this aircraft. What should be a simple procedure, turns into a nightmare that requires countless hours to solve.
Please HELP. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you attempt to update the aircraft?

How did you attempt to update the aircraft?
I downloaded the zip file from Dji, unzipped the file to a bin and copied it to the micro sd card.
I then loaded it to the drone and it went through the update. I got the d.dd signal but the lights never turned green. They were flashing yellow I waited for about 35 minutes and then turned the drone off. I checked the sd card and it said it was a success. I guess I left it in for a long time after I got the d.dd signal. The file said that it attempted to install the firmware again but it said that it was up to date.

If the log said it was successful, then it should be fine. FYI for future reference, ignore the lights on the arms and follow these instructions exactly.

Did you upgrade the firmware on your remote controller per the instructions in my link above?

I will give this a try but my understanding is that there is no correlating firmware update for the RC. I will let you know of my results. Thank you.

I will give this a try but my understanding is that there is no correlating firmware update for the RC. I will let you know of my results. Thank you.

I tried it but nothing worked. Dji continues to show disconnected. The drone has blinking green lights and everything seems normal but it will not connect to the RC. I don't think I will ever update the firmware again, that is assuming I can get this to work!

I tried it but nothing worked. Dji continues to show disconnected. The drone has blinking green lights and everything seems normal but it will not connect to the RC. I don't think I will ever update the firmware again, that is assuming I can get this to work!

I'm guessing that the RC has a green light as well? If so, delete the app and reinstall. I'd try this first. if you can, delete the app's cache before uninstalling.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj