Firmware Updates

Reaction score
OK, I received my P4P today, installed the DJI Assistant 2 software on my PC and updated the birds firmware to the latest which was 25Nov2016. I then connected my Android tablet to the RC and booted both the RC and bird and after signing in went to the live view and played around a bit and made some settings changes. But, I have some questions about the other firmware that might need to be upgraded.

On my Inspire 1 Pro you can update the firmware in: the bird, the camera, the RC and each of the batteries. How does the P4P handle this as it looks like there's only two things to be updated: the bird and the RC. So, how are the batteries updated or are they? I can see the camera being updated with the bird but if the AC firmware updates the battery in use at the time then how are the other batteries updated?

Brian

Check out my detailed firmware installation instructions here. About half way down, you'll find instructions for updating extra batteries.

The battery will automatically update with a craft update, if there is a battery update. When another battery is installed, it will let you know and update automatically upon your approval (mismatched firmware notice). It sounds like this update didn't include a battery update. Not all firmware updates include a battery update. The release notes will tell you most of the time if the battery gets updated. If you know there's a battery update before you start, just install all of the batteries, one by one after the craft is updated. Then boot the craft each time. The firmware will recognize the battery needs updated and then update it without updating the craft again. Each battery update takes about a minute, much faster after the craft is updated, which can take 10 to 20min.

The battery will automatically update with a craft update, if there is a battery update. When another battery is installed, it will let you know and update automatically upon your approval (mismatched firmware notice). It sounds like this update didn't include a battery update. Not all firmware updates include a battery update. The release notes will tell you most of the time if the battery gets updated. If you know there's a battery update before you start, just install all of the batteries, one by one after the craft is updated. Then boot the craft each time. The firmware will recognize the battery needs updated and then update it without updating the craft again. Each battery update takes about a minute, much faster after the craft is updated, which can take 10 to 20min.

And thanks,

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic