Firmware update

Reaction score
Just purchased the p3s the other day. First time starting it up it using the dji go app it said new firmware update which I did. My question is, is that all I need to do? Update through phone with dji app? Do I need to update transmitter also? Thanks so much for any clarification.

The Standard has a "all-in-one" FW update method. So the drone, controller and battery all get the updates needed, as long as the update went through completely, with no errors.

I did my update yesterday and my quad continues to beep over and over. My app shows update complete. I power everything down and restart and I get update needed. Please advise where I may be messing up. Thanks in advance.

I did my update yesterday and my quad continues to beep over and over. My app shows update complete. I power everything down and restart and I get update needed. Please advise where I may be messing up. Thanks in advance.

The update may be only partially complete. Check for any messages in the Go app start screen, while connected to the bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello folks,

OK, so I bought my shinny new P3 Standard, watched about 400 youtube videos on updating firmware, and went through the whole process..., but, after having completed the download/update beep-a-thon, the DJI Go app informed me that the firmware update was unsuccessful, and suggested I send of a notification to receive some sort of troubleshooting response from HQ (???). That is all well and good (well, kind of anyways), but the DJI update instructions suggest that "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" - what they DON'T tell you is how to go about doing it.

The crux of the matter: I no longer have a nice orange bar on the home screen telling me to update, and for the life of me I cannot find (either online or in the app itself) how you go about manually provoking an update from within the app. As far as I understand it (and after hunting around the app for about an hour) I believe my P3 is running Version 1.6.80 (and the App itself is Version 2.8.3). From what I have gleaned by ghosting this forum for a couple of hours, my bird's version is waaaaaay out of date.

I understand there are manual ways of inserting the SD card into your computer and so forth, but what I would really like to do (given the fact that the Standard is supposed to simply update from the app itself) is get the damned thing to, ...er..., update form the app itself.

So, does anyone know how you go about "trying again" ?

All assistance gratefully received.

Hello folks,

OK, so I bought my shinny new P3 Standard, watched about 400 youtube videos on updating firmware, and went through the whole process..., but, after having completed the download/update beep-a-thon, the DJI Go app informed me that the firmware update was unsuccessful, and suggested I send of a notification to receive some sort of troubleshooting response from HQ (???). That is all well and good (well, kind of anyways), but the DJI update instructions suggest that "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" - what they DON'T tell you is how to go about doing it.

The crux of the matter: I no longer have a nice orange bar on the home screen telling me to update, and for the life of me I cannot find (either online or in the app itself) how you go about manually provoking an update from within the app. As far as I understand it (and after hunting around the app for about an hour) I believe my P3 is running Version 1.6.80 (and the App itself is Version 2.8.3). From what I have gleaned by ghosting this forum for a couple of hours, my bird's version is waaaaaay out of date.

I understand there are manual ways of inserting the SD card into your computer and so forth, but what I would really like to do (given the fact that the Standard is supposed to simply update from the app itself) is get the damned thing to, ...er..., update form the app itself.

So, does anyone know how you go about "trying again" ?

All assistance gratefully received.

on the dji go ap, on the right corner, hold your finger on the box... Will be a scree, you can DOWNGRADE your Phantom. Do it! and then leave on firmware 1.5.6!!! The 1.6.8 is full of bug. Trust me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20