firmware update

Reaction score
i just rec my phanton 3 pro.
battery are chargeing now.
not sure of what firmware is instaled on it now.
question.
if the firmware is 1.3.0.
do i have to install 1.5.0.before i install 1.6.0 or can i skip the 1.5.0 and go directly to 1.6.0?
thx D

Welcome to the Phantom 3 family. You can check for your three version numbers in the Go app, once you get her charged up.
While you are waiting, have you already gone ahead & downloaded the pertinent PDF manuals?
Become very familiar with your drone before first take off. Some SIM flight practice too.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

I was told on the phone by DJI today that up have to step up through all the updates

DJI gives incorrect advice sometimes :(

Reactions: Bigsekcee
Maybe you can explain this, why are the recent tries showing 2014? Have red No signal and fails all update attempts
Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.27 22:16:03 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.27 22:17:34 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.27 22:27:23 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:16 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2015.12.31 21:19:00 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

Yes so do I , now if DJI will ever respond to their email maybe I can get an RMA

Question Group,
Ok we all know to update the firmware on the Phantom 3 P/A we download the zip from DJI. Now AFTER that. everything I see from everyone else (except DJI) is take a clean SD card, insert to computer, copy file to card, insert into Phantom, power on and go through the update process, remove card, insert back in computer, verify sucess. Now DJI says format SD card IN Phantom and leave it there, connect Phantom to computer with mini USB and copy file to SD card that way. Once started disconnect cable, once complete reconnect and look for sucess text. Seems easier. What is everyone ACTUALLY doing. Thanks all!! And Happy New Year from Boise Idaho!

I have never connected my Phantom 3 Professional to my computer. I've always updated it by inserting the sd card with the BIN file as you described. Maybe DJI's advice to plug the aircraft into the computer is a last-resort method to use when all else fails!

You can go directly from 1.3.2 to 1.6. Or, just follow these instructions exactly.
I have a few questions & need to pick your brain on the firmware update. You've been very helpful in past discussions & I appreciate your advise. Many Thanks.
With that said I downloaded the new firmware v1.6, have not installed as yet, been to busy working & now have some free time but after reading the posts I think I have some decisions to make as to if I really want to.

I do real estate photography & recently added aerials of the properties. I only fly approx 50-80' up & take to take my photos, however many of the homes I shoot are in close proximity to an airport & my concern is geofencing. I live in the Florida Keys & photograph homes up & down the island chain. In Marathon there is an small airport (3,000' runway), it does not have a tower or major airline that fly's in, all are private planes (Cessna's) & small jets that the rich fly in for the weekends. The island is approx 1/2 mile wide in some spots but wider in another (see attached Google Map) & 5 -6 miles long, will geofencing prohibit me to fly within 5 miles of an airport? (or whatever limit it is, I think its 5 miles) If it does I cannot take aerial photos. Marathon would be off limits totally. If this is true can it be turned off or is it just a warning to me that I am in a danger zone & a message pops up? As you can see there are large pockets of homes not in the glide pattern but are within that 5 mile limit. Now you can see why I might not update to v1.6 if it prohibits me to fly & take photos.

I've read that v1.3 is a good firmware & I see where people are wanting to go back to it after they did the updates to v1.6, were there any problems with v1.3 that you were aware of? What are your thoughts on my concerns, any advise would be helpful. As always thanks for reading my post & look forward to hearing from you.....Jp

Attachments

• Aerial Marathon.jpg
    Aerial Marathon.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 414
I've read that v1.3 is a good firmware & I see where people are wanting to go back to it after they did the updates to v1.6, were there any problems with v1.3 that you were aware of?
1.3 is a solid firmware release. Most people upgraded beyond that to take advantage of the new IOC features (POI, Follow Me & Waypoints) in 1.4. If those features are not needed, then it would be perfectly safe to stay with 1.3.

As for no fly zones, a lot of that work is in progress. Since you depend on your Phantom for your business, it would probably be best not to change anything if all is working well for you now.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the site but I must say that it seems to cover everything a Phantom Flyer would need to know, but can I just ask for a bit of advice.....
I have updated all my firmware on my Phantom 3 Advanced App 2.5.1 RC 1.2.7 Aircraft 1.6.40 but the problem that I have is when everything is turned the DGIgo App says that the RC Unit Firmware needs updating but it already has the latest Firmware in RC but apart from it saying that everything else seem ok.
Where do I go from here?
many thanks in advance.

I have updated all my firmware on my Phantom 3 Advanced App 2.5.1 RC 1.2.7 Aircraft 1.6.40
1.5.7 is the current version for the RC.

1.3 is a solid firmware release. Most people upgraded beyond that to take advantage of the new IOC features (POI, Follow Me & Waypoints) in 1.4. If those features are not needed, then it would be perfectly safe to stay with 1.3.

As for no fly zones, a lot of that work is in progress. Since you depend on your Phantom for your business, it would probably be best not to change anything if all is working well for you now.

If most update to take advance off POI, Follow Me & Waypoints doe this include 'Home Lock' as well or has this always been a safety feature built into the P3P that is included with every update?

Home Lock was also added in 1.4.

Hi Phantom Help,
This thing is going through the window soon, I have downloaded the latest DGI Go App, un zipped it, sent it to the Micro SD Card, put the USB Adapter with the SD Card in it into the Phantom and the message says same firmware as already installed so ok there, I then put the USB Stick into th Controller and it does nothing, I did wait after inserting the USB for around 5 minutes just in case it was slow but nothing, when checking About on the GO App it is saying that the Controller is still on 1.2.7.
Is it possible to get just the Controller update file because if I do it through the Go app nothing happens.
Cheers
Dave

Hi
All sorted, I did what you suggested in one of your earlier notes and uploaded 1.3 then turned everything on and it asked to update controller and it has just updated itself to 1.5.7....many thanks Dave

Thanks for your advise

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.