firmware update

I have successfully update firmware or copter, but unable to update controller firmware. I update using card reader via the usb port on controller. Is there any other way to upgrade controller firmware, else I have to downgrade the copter.
I am using android, Dji pilot version1.2.0

I have successfully update firmware or copter, but unable to update controller firmware. I update using card reader via the usb port on controller. Is there any other way to upgrade controller firmware, else I have to downgrade the copter.
I am using android, Dji pilot version1.2.0

Use @msinger link above. Note, I had the same problem you are having, and I ended up using the method to tether the controller directly to the P3 (so it's reading the firmware file from the P3 gimbal), because I could not get the controller to update from a USB card reader. I'm wondering if it doesn't like certain readers. Mine was a USB 3.0 Kingston reader. The tethering method worked flawlessly.

Use @msinger link above. Note, I had the same problem you are having, and I ended up using the method to tether the controller directly to the P3 (so it's reading the firmware file from the P3 gimbal), because I could not get the controller to update from a USB card reader. I'm wondering if it doesn't like certain readers. Mine was a USB 3.0 Kingston reader. The tethering method worked flawlessly.
I upgraded the controller with a USB stick and it bricked the controller so that all I get in the GO app (iPhone 6+) is "Disconnected", despite the results file saying "success". I then tried the tethering method, and the aircraft beeped continuously and the gimbal started gyrating wildly. After a few minutes, I shut it off out of fear of causing further damage. How did your aircraft/gimbal/controller behave during the tethering method upgrade?
My P3A is in a box awaiting FedEx for the trip to DJI for repair.

I upgraded the controller with a USB stick and it bricked the controller so that all I get in the GO app (iPhone 6+) is "Disconnected", despite the results file saying "success". I then tried the tethering method, and the aircraft beeped continuously and the gimbal started gyrating wildly. After a few minutes, I shut it off out of fear of causing further damage. How did your aircraft/gimbal/controller behave during the tethering method upgrade?

I don't remember anything out of the ordinary during the tethering process. It was very brief as well, and I don't recall the aircraft beeping either. Sorry to hear about that. Best of luck.

At last I successfully upgrade the RC firmware. I am using the DJI pilot ver 1.2.0 to download and update the firmware. You can follow the manual in zip file containing bin and manual(pdf)

I just tethered to update tx. Tx started beeping and blue light came on. I walked away and came back when the beeping stopped (update complete). My gimbal was pointing down and making the buzzing noise like when it moves, yet it wasn't moving. This continued after the update was installed. I can't say if this was normal as last time I updated via usb thumbdrive. I shut off and restarted and everything is fine. Except now, in the app I get an aircraft firmware needs update message even though I am on the current version.

I just tethered to update tx. Tx started beeping and blue light came on. I walked away and came back when the beeping stopped (update complete). My gimbal was pointing down and making the buzzing noise like when it moves, yet it wasn't moving. This continued after the update was installed. I can't say if this was normal as last time I updated via usb thumbdrive. I shut off and restarted and everything is fine. Except now, in the app I get an aircraft firmware needs update message even though I am on the current version.
If the controller is upgraded and not connecting or holding connection, then the firmware upgrade on the Phantom is likely corrupted. I just completed mine this afternoon and the controller would not link to the Phantom because I had not upgraded the Phantom. As soon as that was completed, the connection came back. I would suggest doing the firmware upgrade again on the Phantom if you are having trouble connecting. It is also absolutely essential that the upgrade instructions are followed to the letter. I read them the first time and think, this is easy, they I go back and see that I am getting ready to fail, because I didn't read it right the first time.
Here are some common mistakes: bin file not in the root directory on the SD card; turning the controller on when trying to upgrade the Phantom; stopping an upgrade in progress before it finishes. All of these will result in failures.
IMHO most of these connection and upgrade issues could be the result of the above errors.
Cheers:):)

Paul, the Phantom has to be disconnected from the controller in order to upgrade its internal firmware. The bin file has to be on the SD card and the controller disconnected and turn off. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4