Firmware update........

Reaction score
Hmmm so I did the 3.08 update.. seems to be OK.. but I have a few issues............ Let me know if you have them to or its just me ?

1) No FPV mode is no longer perfectly straight!! Sometimes it takes a good few seconds to adjust... even if its turned on and you pick up the phantom and move it left or right the camera sometimes takes a while to straight up... And yeah when flying round sometimes it is skew

Is it just me... or... ??

2) HL is bloody slow... max speed seems to be 11mph... think others have said the same about RTH??

So how do I downgrade backto the previous firmware... I have upgraded my batteries to 2.06 I think it is?? Soo yeah how do I safely downgrade the batteries and Phantom ???

3) in GS missions it has problems flying to marker #1 if its to high such as 230ft up and to close to home??
4) In GS when it takes off it goes crazy and doesn't fly up... it flys forward almost hitting the ground on the front 2 routers as it lunges forward then goes up.

I mean the new upgrade seems fine minus issues above, but doesn't seem like new update is doing anything in regards to making the phantom safer/less likely to fly away etc and what not.. just added a few features.. right ? Over it.. and lookjng to downgrade heh

thanks

btw.. not related.. but not gonna make a new thread.. had first tip over :p
Landed it fine.. but was trying to run the battery down heaps.. for god knows why... so it was at like 12% and on the ground and I stupidly did the CSC and it fell over backwards.. the 2 back props stopped... it still seemed to fly fine.. well hover the ground that is, as I was just hovering...

the 2 props seem fine except for a little grass stain, no tears or anything on the props... also jiggled the motors and they don't seem to woggle or anything..

What else should I be looking at after a tip over?? Haven't done a proper flight, but as I said seemd to hover fine.. Any reason to take off the case and check internals ???

justin00 said:
btw.. not related.. but not gonna make a new thread.. had first tip over :p
Landed it fine.. but was trying to run the battery down heaps.. for god knows why... so it was at like 12% and on the ground and I stupidly did the CSC and it fell over backwards.. the 2 back props stopped... it still seemed to fly fine.. well hover the ground that is, as I was just hovering...

the 2 props seem fine except for a little grass stain, no tears or anything on the props... also jiggled the motors and they don't seem to woggle or anything..

What else should I be looking at after a tip over?? Haven't done a proper flight, but as I said seemd to hover fine.. Any reason to take off the case and check internals ???

Open the top and look for cracks like this on the upper shell...

This seems to happen quite easily. This has happened on a brand new top shell where I've had zero crashes. The only contact made to the bird might be it has been bumped against the door on my way outside, that's it. I'm also very careful not to over tighten the screws because I know this can happen. If the cracks get to bad you can end up in a position where you can no longer remove the screw holding the shell down because it will just spin around.

Attachments

• IMG_0867E.jpg
    IMG_0867E.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 967
justin00 said:
Hmmm so I did the 3.08 update.. seems to be OK.. but I have a few issues............ Let me know if you have them to or its just me ?

1) No FPV mode is no longer perfectly straight!! Sometimes it takes a good few seconds to adjust... even if its turned on and you pick up the phantom and move it left or right the camera sometimes takes a while to straight up... And yeah when flying round sometimes it is skew

2) HL is bloody slow... max speed seems to be 11mph... think others have said the same about RTH??

So how do I downgrade backto the previous firmware... I have upgraded my batteries to 2.06 I think it is?? Soo yeah how do I safely downgrade the batteries and Phantom ???

3) in GS missions it has problems flying to marker #1 if its to high such as 230ft up and to close to home??
4) In GS when it takes off it goes crazy and doesn't fly up... it flys forward almost hitting the ground on the front 2 routers as it lunges forward then goes up.

I mean the new upgrade seems fine minus issues above, but doesn't seem like new update is doing anything in regards to making the phantom safer/less likely to fly away etc and what not.. just added a few features.. right ? Over it.. and lookjng to downgrade heh

thanks

To answer the original question...I've not done this myself but I believe the process is to download an older version of the Phantom application on your PC and then once installed, go to updates and it should show the version that relates to the version of the application as available to install. Follow that through and that should do it. I'm not sure on the battery question though. You can get previous versions of the application from here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Thanks for above 2 bits of info :)

Little scared to un-update.. Hopefully some one can chime in who has done it ?? The battery part worries me most.

Anyways is anyone else experiencing the same video issues as me i.e NON FPV mode is no longer perfectly straight, at times.. (takes a while to straighten up)? Was perfect with previous firmware.
Hopefully its a common issue and DJI address is soon.. bothering me !!

Been for a few flights.. all seems good!! No heat issue or control issues...
Only thing pissing me off really is how slow the camera now goes!! and its jerky to... **** you update... otherwise all good :)

In fact going for another flight now at 1pm :)

after i upgraded to 3.08... i encounter distance problem.. 336 meters my aircraft my signal cut and return home.. need your expertice guys thanks...

justin00 said:
Been for a few flights.. all seems good!! No heat issue or control issues...
Only thing pissing me off really is how slow the camera now goes!! and its jerky to... **** you update... otherwise all good :)

In fact going for another flight now at 1pm :)
try this, it cured all my issues.

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

Postby jetlag » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 pm
Yes, here is the post that clarified it for me. Hold on you are almost there. read this.

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

Postby Mopar Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 am
Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, but these are the steps that worked for me. On another note (bitching time). I have developed computer software for over 35 years. One thing you never ever do, is release any changes to the software without identifying it as a new release number. Even when the software is in the various stages of testing. Yet, it appears DJI has done this in the past and continues to do so now. They ought to fire the stupid *** that is managing their software program......end of rant.

jetlag

justin00 said:

thanks

I'm hear to report it is NOT just you. I hadn't had a great chance to test out the Phantom with the updates until yesterday. Bizarre camera behavior. Its tilted one way, then the other. I was worried my gimbal connection to the camera was loosening, so I applied some loctite 290 once centering the horizontal.

I double checked the assistant to make sure Ididn't have FPV mode checked. I didn't. Its just leveling oddly and differently.

I wonder if it wasn't a loose shaft as I thought, but just bad behavior from the gimbal...
I'll try an advance IMU update first, followed by a compass calibration and see if that plus the loctite 290 did the trick. If not, I'm worried that the zenmuse update screwed up the gimbal for me.

It is slow.

Havent used GS with it yet

Jetlag, sorry bit confused, exactly what issues did it fix ??

DrJoe good to hear its not just me.. I was doing "circuits" I guess you could say, flying in a square formation, it was only when the Phantom was flying in a certain direction
It seemed to have the gimbal not being 100% straight issue, very very odd.. Maybe I am wrong about what I observed in my circuits, but yeah the gimbal issue is definetly there as you have also confirmed!!

Pissing me off... I mean I don't take many photo's but sucks DJI seemed to screw this up. Perhaps most people are not noticing or just putting up with it. If I didn't see it working perfectly in 3.06 (only had the phantom 2 months) I wouldn't mind so much.
Not a big deal I guess, Atleast the actual thing flies nicely, so could be alot worse..

but yeah.. I have not seen much about this, which concerns me.... I doubt your and my gimbal "broke" at the same time :p (directly after updating!)

I would downgrade but scared of screwing up batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr