Firmware update yes or no?

Reaction score
I've recently got myself a p3s and i've also recently crashed it already (my fault) as some of you might have already read.

Thing is I haven't updated the firmware yet. Before I purchased it I read loads saying "don't update because the updates have problems" and things like "why update if everything works" etc etc.

Anyway straight out of the box it worked great, or great for a newbie. Now i know i'm gonna get grief off some of you but, should I update now?

Just my $0.02 -- If it's working good for you, leave it alone. v1.6.8 is the most current release for the P3S and seems to be fine when it's installed in the factory (At least it is on the one I bought last month).

Lots of folks are waiting on a firmware update for various reasons. For me, everything is fine, so I plan to do nothing until DJI publishes the official P3S firmware release on its website -- Not taking a chance on betaware...

Reactions: JonnyBenson
Personally I updated straight out the box. 1) because i just thought of I get a warranty issue DJI might refuse as the firmware is not up to date.
2) I don't know any different as I've never flew it on any other firmware.

I update whenever they are available. Never had a problem. UTD App, UTD Firmware. Good to go.

See, that's why i'm confused. Even now, some say do, some say don't.

You'd think dji would sort this. Shouldn't all "birds" be the same?

What firmware are you on? Mine was on 1.2 out the box. I think 1.6 also stops the 'battery shut off in flight' problem which was another thing I didn't want to happen.
See, that's why i'm confused. Even now, some say do, some say don't.

You'd think dji would sort this. Shouldn't all "birds" be the same?

I see this come up on the forums all the time. Whenever a new release is made, there's a handful of people that swear up and down that performance is affected and there's about 10 threads started about how to revert firmware to a previous version. I have never experienced it. Personally I think it's a case of a few people having confounding problems and bad coincidence and being very loud about it.

DJI recommends that the latest firmware be installed and the latest app version be used when flying to ensure compatibility. Period.

I see this come up on the forums all the time. Whenever a new release is made, there's a handful of people that swear up and down that performance is affected and there's about 10 threads started about how to revert firmware to a previous version. I have never experienced it. Personally I think it's a case of a few people having confounding problems and bad coincidence and being very loud about it.

DJI recommends that the latest firmware be installed and the latest app version be used when flying to ensure compatibility. Period.
l'm not an updater but that was well said

Reactions: JonnyBenson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl