Firmware Update stuck at 4%

Reaction score
I just got P3S, no flights yet. Software saying update is available. Connected to normal wifi, downloaded update, connected to P3S update, then a weird thing happens: Update starts, goes to 4% quickly, then TX led goes red and then it times out (update failed). Did it twice, same thing. No what do I do? There's lots of wifi networks here, but it happened twice at exactly the same point (4%).

Good to hear you got it sorted out. I have a P3S also that can be difficult sometimes. Hope you have a great, uneventful first flight !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks. That was very nerve-wrecking, as after 3nd failed firmware update attempt the P3S was just screaming non-stop, terribly loud. It was doing it when turned off and on again. Fortunately I read on other forum that it turns out it still can update in that state. So I restarted everything, put the phone in airplane mode, restarted the update (all while it was screaming!) and after seemingly hanging several times on 4%, and some other numbers, eventually at 68% it stopped screaming, and updated successfully. TX LED went to red and back to green a couple of times. I just patiently waited not touching anything. and as long as the app doesn't say "update failed" I haven't touched anything... Will hopefully test today, inside first.

If you are still unsure when you get outside, leave the props off, or start it in beginner mode. If it seems normal, put the props on and try her then. I know, the butterflies in your stomach are the size of 747's. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.