Firmware update question

Reaction score
I just did my first firmware update after just receiving my Phantom 3. The bird came back as successful. But then when I tried to update the controller, it did nothing. After checking the TXT on the card, it stated that the firmware I was applying was either the same or older then what was already on the controller. So I ask:
  1. Is this normal for a 1st time update?
  2. Should I be concerned?
  3. Also, should I always have a current BIN file on my SD Card?
Thanks.

That message means your firmware is already up-to-date, so there is nothing to be concerned about. You should keep the most recent firmware in the root of your memory card.

Wow, I think I am going to enjoy this forum. I have never had such quick responses anywhere like this. Thanks. Now as soon as I get over my fear of crashing this thing, I might actually go out and fly it!

Reactions: jlo
Wow, I think I am going to enjoy this forum. I have never had such quick responses anywhere like this. Thanks. Now as soon as I get over my fear of crashing this thing, I might actually go out and fly it!

The only way to get over the fear of flying is to fly :) Just take it slow and do it in a wide open area...

How often are firmware updates usually or is there no set time between

No set schedule - they do them when necessary or have a new feature...

The only way to get over the fear of flying is to fly :) Just take it slow and do it in a wide open area...
Exactly! Choose a nice, quiet spot, free of trees and other obstacles. DO this a couple times a day or as much as you can............... before you know it, you're getting a little more comfortable. Have fun!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj