Firmware Update Process

Reaction score
If i update my firmware on my P3P to 1.6 and it's currently on 1.3, do I need to update to their versions like 1.4, .1.5 and then 1.6 or can i just update directly to 1.6? from 1.3

You should be able to directly upgrade to 1.6. What's the hurry, fly with existing SW, read forums and late on decide to upgrade.

the reason I ask is that if you do ever decide to upgrade the firmware you may want to do it now to see if anything is going to break. I have heard of no video signal and gimbals not leveling after firmware updates. I don't know if my gimbal would have had the problem because I didn't check I just updated, but now after updating to 1.6 my gimbal will not level out and if I use the C1+C2+right thumb wheel trick to level it out during flight it immediately goes back to being crooked. My point is that you want to discover these faults during warranty, not after.

the reason I ask is that if you do ever decide to upgrade the firmware you may want to do it now to see if anything is going to break. I have heard of no video signal and gimbals not leveling after firmware updates. I don't know if my gimbal would have had the problem because I didn't check I just updated, but now after updating to 1.6 my gimbal will not level out and if I use the C1+C2+right thumb wheel trick to level it out during flight it immediately goes back to being crooked. My point is that you want to discover these faults during warranty, not after.
Thanks, that's a good tip. I think I will update soon to see if it causes problems as I can still return it to Microcenter.

wheeliesteve, if needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj