Firmware update not needed for GL300B controllers

Reaction score
Those who are having problems updating your controller, do check the back and see if its the model GL300B. The DJI rep i spoke to over email said that there is no need to update the GL300B model.(The warning will still appear on your status screen in the app though)

gb300.jpg

I've inserted a picture of my email exchange with her for your reference. Hopefully this clears up any doubts you guys have and not be like me, spending 2 hrs trying to update my remote.

I have a GL300A and am not getting prompted to update either

Maybe im saying a big mistake, but i read somewere, that at this moment, there aren`t updates for controllers, only to the P3...
Someone confirm this or not....

****! I have been trying to update my RC with no success.
Thanks for the news update Garrie as my RC is the same model GL300B

I have that too, upgraded successfully anyhow :)

yeah I didn't even get prompted to update... the app says all firmware is up to date.

I just updated everything. In the Pilot app (android) I hit the update icon and it went to the update screen and downloaded 1.3.20. I then hit the install icon and it updated the RC model 300B.

I have GL300A and was prompted to update in DJI GO but it wouldn't let me update through the app. Though it did take the update via USB and the prompt is gone now. All normal.

Last edited:
Any one know what the internal differences are between the A and B versions?
I think the B version doesn't have some sort of video card for the live feed or something like that. B version uses usb 3.0 while A version uses 2.0. Something about because B uses 3.0, the video processing card isn't necessary anymore for the transmission of live HD streaming

Reactions: gfredrone
I think the B version doesn't have some sort of video card for the live feed or something like that. B version uses usb 3.0 while A version uses 2.0. Something about because B uses 3.0, the video processing card isn't necessary anymore for the transmission of live HD streaming
Thanks for the explanation. Any idea if GL300A have the ability to update via app when GL300B does?

Odd, I have that radio and mine took the new update from the go app. Downloaded it and no more warning light.....

Odd, I have that radio and mine took the new update from the go app. Downloaded it and no more warning light.....

The odd thing is, mine couldnt update at first and kept showing the warning on the system status.

Then after awhile i turn on the whole thing again, everything read normal. This was the exact same thing that happened to me for v1.2.6

So since buying the phantom 3 about 1 week ago, i have not updated the controller in any way.

I started the RC upgade (300B) and next thing you know I had a red beeping controller. Basically stuck. Aircraft was fine.

Even though it was beeping and red I still had connectivity. Noticed there was a quick warning for stick calibration so I did that.

Oddly enough it came around.

Cant say either upgrade has been pleasant !

Want to add I just noticed that my Pilot app said 1.1 and not 1.2. Play store did not show it needed updated. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pilot app and then the app said I needed to download and update the RC. I did and it worked.

I have GL300A and was prompted to update in DJI GO but it wouldn't let me update through the app. Though it did take the update via USB and the prompt is gone now. All normal.

Were you updating from 1.0.9? What I realized is on one phantom I upgraded from 1.2.6 no need to update controller...on 1.0.9 needed to update controller and had to use usb.

Those who are having problems updating your controller, do check the back and see if its the model GL300B. The DJI rep i spoke to over email said that there is no need to update the GL300B model.(The warning will still appear on your status screen in the app though)

View attachment 26515

I've inserted a picture of my email exchange with her for your reference. Hopefully this clears up any doubts you guys have and not be like me, spending 2 hrs trying to update my remote.

Well I'm sorry to break the rule but my GL300B on my Advanced did a update ! I did it from the dji go app took about 4 minutes you can watch progress and worked great so I guess not all GL300B are the same:eek::)

I was on 1.2.8 before update

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31