Firmware update is failing

Reaction score
Ok, not like I have not done this before but I can't figure out why this is failing. I'm trying to load P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin on my P3A which currently has 1.4 installed. When I format an SD card from windows and put only that file on it and use that when powering on the bird, it will just create the MISC and DISC folders and will not write a log at all.

I've tried various SD cards as well. All with no love. The bird will make that writing sound like it sees the .bin but will not do anything past that to write a log or try to install. Not sure what to do past this point.

thanks

Hum, I have a Standard, I thought there was talk of formatting the SD card in the bird, not the PC?

Ok, not like I have not done this before but I can't figure out why this is failing. I'm trying to load P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin on my P3A which currently has 1.4 installed. When I format an SD card from windows and put only that file on it and use that when powering on the bird, it will just create the MISC and DISC folders and will not write a log at all.

I've tried various SD cards as well. All with no love. The bird will make that writing sound like it sees the .bin but will not do anything past that to write a log or try to install. Not sure what to do past this point.

thanks
better to format in the P3 and take the card out and copy the file to the card. If the folders are there don't place it in the folder(S) - place it in the root directory.

I tried the same. Formatted the card from the app while it's in the bird then copied the bin file from windows. Still the same. Flashes yellow lights, sounds like it does a SD card pass, doesn't write anything at all to the card. The green light on the camera flashes green but then goes solid. It's like it thinks its already this version.

Hmm.. If no more ideas I guess I'm going to have to contact DJI support...

I wonder if I can go back to 1.3.2 and then up to 1.5? How do I go back to the previous firmware?

The FW you're trying to load is for the professional. Download the correct FW, it works better,
The advance FW is P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.bin

The FW you're trying to load is for the professional. Download the correct FW, it works better,
The advance FW is P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
That makes no sense. Professional FW is supposed to be for both P and A. Which is why it's termed as P3X_... The Standard is not in the same category as the Advanced.

Do you have the Advanced? Is this what you did?

That makes no sense. Professional FW is supposed to be for both P and A. Which is why it's termed as P3X_... The Standard is not in the same category as the Advanced.

Do you have the Advanced? Is this what you did?
Sorry, but the FW for the Pro and advance are NOT the same. Go to the DJi website and confirm for yourself.

Sorry, but the FW for the Pro and advance are NOT the same. Go to the DJi website and confirm for yourself.
They have always been separate. This version "I thought" was a unified version of FW for Pro and Adv. There is no FW for advanced and no documentation on how this is supposed to work.

Do you have an Advanced and did you use the P3S? I'm willing to try if that is the answer.

They have always been separate. This version "I thought" was a unified version of FW for Pro and Adv. There is no FW for advanced and no documentation on how this is supposed to work.

Do you have an Advanced and did you use the P3S? I'm willing to try if that is the answer.
No, I have a pro. I'm confused...are you having trouble finding the FW for your P3A?
Look here: Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

The pro FW starts P3X_xxxxxxxxx
The advance FW starts P3S_xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronebow
HA!!! I think I have figured it out!!! How stupid..

On the DJI website under Support there is the following option.
upload_2015-12-15_18-6-12.png

Click on the link for Downloads and it takes you straight to this link:
Phantom 3 Professional | DJI

Which is obviously for the Pro but there is no other link to get to the advanced.

I simply changed the link to
Phantom 3 Advanced | DJI

BINGO!!!

Wow, glad you got it to work, funny part is updating these Phantoms is more stressful than flying.
:confused:

Wow, glad you got it to work, funny part is updating these Phantoms is more stressful than flying.
:confused:
Comedy of errors. The link on DJI's website only takes you to the Pro section with no link that I could find to get to the Advanced. They seem to have changed their naming convention too. P3X vs P3P and P3S vs P3A. I don't recall if previous FW had the same naming convention. I searched on the DJI forum as well for an answer and someone said the FW was combined for the P3P and P3A so the P3X designation seemed logical. But it was just not true. TrynFlyn had it right but I thought the P3S was for the standard...

Just a comedy of errors there... o_O

Most of these upgrade problems result from error-- either pilot, file, SD card or DJI. :D:D The only time I had any issues was when I stuck the bin file in the DCIM folder. Doesn't work at all there.:):):)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4