Firmware update in Phantom 3 Standard 1.9.2.0

Reaction score
Anyone who already done with the new firmware update? there is any instruction about the updating firmware am just confusing about dji's video update they are using phantom 3 Pro not standard anyone who can help for this thans guys keep fly safe Cheers.

Jay,

i hope so because its confusing we dont want to fly and get a problem with our bird of course ..

It came up in my go app. two days ago when I had my p3s start up in my living room. I was checking for a vibration problem. I thought I might as well get it over with. It took a very short time. No cliches. It flew fine the next day. I don't know about distance yet.

The firmware upgrade went smoothly... Have to test the range but the poor weather conditions don't let me allow it yet.

I turned mine on yesterday and saw there was a update but chose to ignore it for the moment.

Mine is flying fine after this update ... 1200m range with Argtek and not so clear line of sight RC to AC ...

No problems - I'm happy.

Nigel

Reactions: macoman
Mine is flying fine after this update ... 1200m range with Argtek and not so clear line of sight RC to AC ...

No problems - I'm happy.

Nigel
I'm glad you didn't have a problem with the update.The reason I chose to ignore the update last night I had the intent in flying as the sun was just about to go down.As normal things got in the way and before I know it the sun was down and it was getting a little dark so I decided not to fly.Big bummer :(

Just did a standard straight out flight over my old test location. My usual range with just Argtek and Icarus is varies from 1900 to 2100m average.
Today - same.

My opinion ? It works. What else can I say ?

Video to come from tablet screen with all data ...

Nigel

Reactions: macoman
Hi
did the update today and had a short test flight - all seems ok.
Haven't tried yet RTH that caused me flyaway in Feb in one of the older versions.

Interesting what happens if the bird is far away (>50m) and it logs off from DJI account (week mobile network or something similar).
My understanding is that the phone keeps connected to DJI account during the flight in new version. Because wifi is used for drone control, mobile network is used for such connection.
Did I get it right?

Using DJI 3 Std.

Last edited:
Interesting what happens if the bird is far away (>50m) and it logs off from DJI account (week mobile network or something similar).
My understanding is that the phone keeps connected to DJI account during the flight in new version.
You will not be restricted even when flying with a mobile device that is not connected to the Internet. This video explains that change in detail:

Hi
did the update today and had a short test flight - all seems ok.
Haven't tried yet RTH that caused me flyaway in Feb in one of the older versions.

My understanding is that the phone keeps connected to DJI account during the flight in new version. Because wifi is used for drone control, mobile network is used for such connection.
Did I get it right?

Using DJI 3 Std.

a) You do not fly logged onto any account, except the phone / tablet to the Phantom RC itself
b) Internet is not needed while flying
c) If you maintain extra comms while flying and connected to your P3S - then you are risking loss of connection due to split resources.

No FW version requires Internet when flying. Only when updating / downloading when at home to use later when flying such as maps etc.

Nigel

Went out this morning to test out the new firmware in the phantom 3 standard and I don't know if it's me but it's feel much stable than the previous one. I can go much further without losing video signal, here is a short video I made:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20