Firmware Update for Batteries

Reaction score
I got my new extra battery today from my bundle purchase from DJI.

I put the 1.1.9 firmware on the SD Card and booted the P3P.

Here's the output of the text file:
========== 2015.06.01 18:54:20 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Does anyone know if the P3 actually updates any firmware on the battery? Is there ever a log file message showing a status? Is there anything in the Pilot App that shows the current firmware version of the battery?

I've seen lots of posts about people wanting to keep the .bin file in the ROOT so when they get their new batteries it will get updated.
Is it just that the battery came shipped with latest firmware?

Release notes mentions nothing about update to batteries. DJI would/should inform if this were the case as you'd need to update each battery.

This is my belief as well but you see so many posts about people wanting to leave the .bin on the card so each battery gets updated. I've never seen proof that this is true.

"How to Update the Firmware Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote controller and battery firmware.

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade package files in your SD card. The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft."
------------------------------
This is directly from the DJI Firmware Update "How To" .pdf ......

Reactions: loganboyd
This is my belief as well but you see so many posts about people wanting to leave the .bin on the card so each battery gets updated. I've never seen proof that this is true.
Read blade strike's comments: today in this forum : "IF the battery requires an update it will do it automatically."
He is a member of this forum and does support and testing for DJI so I guess that would pretty well settle the speculation.:D

"How to Update the Firmware Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote controller and battery firmware.

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade package files in your SD card. The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft."
------------------------------
This is directly from the DJI Firmware Update "How To" .pdf ......
The log file should reflect that the firmware update process is aborted for the battery as well. They half assed the log.

Release notes mentions nothing about update to batteries. DJI would/should inform if this were the case as you'd need to update each battery.

I would think the batteries already have the latest firmware?

There is no log for the battery update just the aborted log for the UAV. There is also no place that reports what firmware is on the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers