Firmware update failed. Did not do 1.3.20 and went straight to higher update.

Reaction score
Hi folks, i am feeling like a real fool now. I got a second hand phantom 3 pro. it had an old firmware on it so i thought i would do an update and got the latest firmware 1.8.80. But it looks like the previous firmware was older than 1.3.20 and i failed to make that update first. After going normal for 25 minutes, the Phantom started flashing red and made this weird grinding noise. I waited another 15 minutes and then turned the Phantom off. Thats when i came to this site and read that i should have updated to 1.3.20 first. So i tried that. But it didnt work. The Phantom just makes this grinding noise again and the text file just says it failed and i should try again.
does anyone have an idea what i can do?

I believe you need to consult DJI Service, they should help you out as upgrade didn't warn you enough before update started.

I know you missed it to upgrade to 1.3.20 first but DJI should provide you help.

Reactions: swissbiofarmer
Try installing the firmware again exactly like this.

I know this wont mean much to you, but if you had a P3 with older firmware then 1.3.2 it had some value as there are people out there looking for gem's like that. The lower the firmware...the higher value it has.

Try following @msinger's suggestion.

Reactions: swissbiofarmer
I had the same issue going from 1.5. I tried to go right to 1.8 and all seemed good until the bird started with a constant scream. I tried again with 1.7 and all went well. Then went to 1.8 no issue at all.

Thank you all for the answers. I have tried everything. No luck. I have now written to customer support...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik