Firmware Update before first flight?-Should I do it?

Reaction score
Just a question, unboxing a new P3P, should I update the Firmware before the first flight or you guys recommend just doing the first flight without doing any Firmware updating?...Im reading some comments saying that doing the updating can miss up the drones or the RC...Thanks...

It's up to you of course, but the latest FW seems pretty stable. No problems for most..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The latest firmware has been working well for me. At the least, do steps #47 and #48 here.

Just a question, unboxing a new P3P, should I update the Firmware before the first flight or you guys recommend just doing the first flight without doing any Firmware updating?...Im reading some comments saying that doing the updating can miss up the drones or the RC...Thanks...
If it were me, I would fly it as delivered for at least a few times to get a baseline feel for things. That way once I updated, I would know if anything unusual was introduced.

Reactions: bluer101
I've had my for two weeks now and I flew it w/o the update and no problem. Then did the update and still no problem.

So, my concern was doing the update it could create some problems later as I read some comments but I think that following the steps it should not be a problem...

I wouldn't be concerned, just follow msinger's directions exactly and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the firmware update before any flights (just got mine 2 weeks ago). Study up how to do it and it's easy (hint, update the remote using the app, not the sd card). There's a reason that new firmware is released, especially for bug fixes.. That your p3 is new to you is coincidence from your point of view (with respect to firmware update availability) but not with respect to dji's point of view in #of units flying. Just be careful not to brick your unit.. Watch the YouTube videos first. (And I thought the p3 would not let you fly without doing the update?). Take your time and don't do it when you are rushed (and be certain your batteries are fully charged). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1