Firmware Question

Reaction score
I need some help. Should the firmware match on the RC and the Phantom? I'm trying to update the firmware on the RC to the most current version (1.6.0040), but it will not update. Within the DJI app it's showing 1.5.xxxx. I've tried a couple methods and I cannot get my RC to update. Plugged directly into the Phantom camera via usb cable, USB thumb drive with .bin on root of drive, and DJI app isn't saying I need an update. What else can I do? Should they match? I would think so...

Thanks!

Marc

It does sometimes, but not at the moment. 1.5 is the latest RC firmware version.

Reactions: ygrmstr18
Whew, ok. I'm a techie and thought I was going crazy. How do you know that? Just curious. Is that something DJI says somewhere. I'm just wondering for future reference. Thanks!

The DJI GO app prompted me to install it, I installed it, and then I checked the About section in the DJI GO app. DJI does not list the current RC firmware version anywhere.

Ok, great. I appreciate your input. I kind of figured that was how to go about it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Looks like I'm up to date!

Hello...first time post on firmware.

I have P3P, I missed a few updates, I think my last update was the august 2015 update. Can I jump to the latest update, or is it better to do them in order?

Thank you all.
TG

PH:
Thank you!! I have not flown in a while. With the new POV option I have been waiting for...I'm looking forward to flying again.

It's pretty neat. I have a POI tutorial here if you're interested in seeing how it works.

PH:
Thank you...again!!
Updating to 1.3.2 now...do I do the transmitter before I update my second flight battery?

Once I get the P3P, flight batteries and transmitter updated..I will jump to the 1.6.004 update!!

Talisgunner, you should install the firmware exactly like this. Start at step one and continue right along until you get to the bottom.

I need some help. Should the firmware match on the RC and the Phantom? I'm trying to update the firmware on the RC to the most current version (1.6.0040), but it will not update. Within the DJI app it's showing 1.5.xxxx. I've tried a couple methods and I cannot get my RC to update. Plugged directly into the Phantom camera via usb cable, USB thumb drive with .bin on root of drive, and DJI app isn't saying I need an update. What else can I do? Should they match? I would think so...

Thanks!

Marc
You need to update the RC firmware though the app now. The latest RC firmware is 1.5.7.00.
After 1.4, you can't update the RC by connecting the cable from the RC to the Camera anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: ygrmstr18
You need to update the RC though the app now. The latest RC firmware is 1.5.7.00.
You can't update the RC by connecting the cable from the RC to the Camera anymore.
Depending on the version of the remote controller, he might have to install 1.3.2 via the memory card.

The DJI GO app prompted me to install it, I installed it, and then I checked the About section in the DJI GO app. DJI does not list the current RC firmware version anywhere.
Hmm, that's strange. My RC shows 1.5.7.00 in my About section of the RC. This RC update came from DJI via their auto connect RC update through the app via Wifi, about a week ago after the new 1.6 was released.

Hmm, that's strange. My RC shows 1.5.7.00 in my About section of the RC.
It sure does. But, the OP is asking where he can find the current version before he installs it.

Mine does too. My question was if the phantom and the RC should always match. In this case, no. I'm at the most current version on the RC.

I updated the Phantom but the remote wont take in update and flash blue. Just the red light stays on and the battery meter light stay on...but the red light does not turn to blue to update to the latest FW 1.6. Is this normal?

Thank you

I updated the Phantom but the remote wont take in update and flash blue. Just the red light stays on and the battery meter light stay on...but the red light does not turn to blue to update to the latest FW 1.6. Is this normal?
It's only normal if you did something wrong. How did you attempt to install the update?

I used the memory card method with no issues. So I guess I did something wrong...

The second attempt, I used the DJI app method you detailed out (thank you). I went to the camera view, but I did not see a rectangular status method to select to see any update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20