Firmware download for Phantom 3 standard?

Reaction score
Would some please tell me where I can find the firmware's for DJI Phantom 3 Standard?

What's the deal with this new firmware, it hasn't told me to update anything in a month?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Turn on your p3. Open DJI go app. As soon as it connect, it should be there in first screen

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, should have been more clear.
Looking for a place to download the firmware so I can add it manually from the computer, via SD card to the drone.

You can download the firmware from here. I don't think anyone had any luck trying to manually install it though.

Last edited:
so i was able to get 1.2 installed, but i had no remote said rc signal was lost, but showed full bars. then occasionally it would go green for a few seconds but no response. go app said 1.5 available and holding the hat offered 1.3 so im going back up to 1.3 to see if i get remote again. i cant imagine downgrading would kill the remote......

so i was able to get 1.2 installed, but i had no remote said rc signal was lost, but showed full bars. then occasionally it would go green for a few seconds but no response. go app said 1.5 available and holding the hat offered 1.3 so im going back up to 1.3 to see if i get remote again. i cant imagine downgrading would kill the remote......
Did you try relinking your RC to aircraft?

Multiple times multiple remotes as well. Went back to 1.3 for now

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now been trying to update the FW manually.
First went with the latest "1.5.70" but it failed due to "battery error" after ca 20 minutes.

Need to add that I just bought a third part battery, which required a FW update:
http://www.banggood.com/4500mAh-15_...I-Phantom-3-Phantom-3-Standard-p-1027251.html
Now it seems though as this battery ain't compatible with the drone at all. AVOID BUYING THIS PRODUCT.

Anyhow; in DJI GO its says version: 1.5.70 even though the update failed ?!.
Now been trying to downgrade to 1.4.60 manually but after 2 hours its still att 1.5.70
Would love to do this through DJI GO, but not able to upload the FM do the SD Card on the drone. Not sure why, but been trying with three diffrent FW and same issue.
Anyone else experienced this and managed to solve it?

Reinstalled DJI GO. Had it working earlier with same smart phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: m0rph

Wish I had read this before flashing my P3S .... I have same crap problem and cannot seem to get any sense out of the machine.

Nigel

Hi

Just got a preowned p3s and I'm new to drones.

How many devices have fw? (Battery,drone and rc)
How do I check what version I'm on?
What are the optimum fw?
Are there restrictions in downgrading?

My drone needs to be relinked every time after being switched off. I'm sure this is just a fw issue.

Any help appreciated. Can't wait to fly this bird...

Great forum btw

@shazstar : the p3s only has FW for the battery and drone I believe, which I also believe is just one FW for both battery and drone. No FW for the controller for sure on the p3s, only for the advanced and pro. The version will be shown in the dji go app. Im pretty sure you can just open the app and go to camera mode and still check it without the RC and Drone being on since its already been connected. Open the app to be connected with the drone on and controller on and go into camera mode. You dont have to fly it, just get the app started and connected. There will be 3 horizontal bars at the top right hand corner, click it and scroll all the way down to "about" and click that. That will show you the version of the app and FW. The latest FW is 1.07.9 located here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help. As for being the most optimum, im just as clueless as you. Ive read that after updating the FW, downgrading is possible, but seems to have no effect...? Relinked how? Just to your mobile device? I would assume thats normal, considering its powered off and has no connection with anything. I to have to relink it every time I use it also.

My wife bought this p3s a year ago and I was wondering if I should update the firmware. Current firmware is 1.0.17... if thats even possible, the list doesnt show that firmware, the lowest one it shows is 1.0.2. Yet from what i keep reading is that these things freak out after updating the firmware. From the above mentioned not connecting to reviews ive read where it just randomly flies in a direction without pilot controlling it to when it goes out of range it just keeps going and does not return.... Ive lost connection twice (app said "interference with signal"), only for the controls to yaw left and right, move back, left and right, and up and down, no forward. I was able to land it successfully both times. Im worried if I update it, it will freak out and crash and I'll be out of a very expensive toy (basically what it is).

First off, im not an enthusiast, just fooling around with it at most. flying it around the house (outside) is more stressful than fun. I was never that interested in it in the first place, but my wife insisted we get one. So being reluctant to use it and learn how to operate it after a year of it just sitting in the box, i finally used it yesterday. Prior to reading all the horror stories of it and many other drone brands failing, especially after updating it, im hesitant to update it.

Dont get me wrong, learning to fly it is like learning a new video game, frustrating at first, but becomes more enjoyable with time. It is pretty cool, but I was just never the radio control type. Ive had several RC toys and they only kept me interested for an hour or two and now they collect dust in the attic. The drone is different though in that it was very expensive, even the standard model $600 a year ago. Its more complex than just a simple RC boat or car (obviously). Also it has a camera and flies with all kinds of rules and regulations, which most are common sense, but even then people (non-pilots, neighbors) think its used for nefarious reasons, lol.

So as far as it "having issues", it has none right now, unless you count the twice lost connection of no forward. The app is up to date v3.1.1 being as I just downloaded it yesterday and has never alerted me to update the firmware of the drone/battery. Ive flown it for a total of what the app says 19mins and im assuming flight times is referring to take offs and landings, 10 times.

So my question is, should i update it or just keep it as is?

thanks

So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan R.
Thank you Clapper!

I experienced the exact same issues as you yesterday. Thankfully, I came across your post and finished the upgrade. If not, I was going to return the phantom, since their support, software, and resources have been so miserable from a usability and availability standpoint.

They should be paying you (and a lot of other people here) for providing all this free tech support for their company.

Thanks again, though!

Chris

Reactions: Clapper
You're welcome! I am brand new to drones, but not to tech troubles. It seems that drones are still in the "consumer unfriendly" phase of their development. There is a steep learning curve with jargon and acronyms to make sure no one enjoys it without paying their dues first. That won't last though, as these things are so fun and getting cheaper by the day. DJI and other consumer unfriendly companies who now dominate will get bought out or pushed out by the big consumer tech companies once the market is big enough. Then we'll get some better tech support. Until then it will be just us trying to sort things out without much help. Glad my post helped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers