Firmware do & don't,etc?

Reaction score
I've been using a P3A for the last year, absolutely faultless using Litchi (I avoid s/w and f/w updates unless there's a good reason to do so).

I've picked up a 2nd hand P3S which I intend to use for playing with Litchi missions to get some experience. Can anyone advise on which f/w version I should be using for the best Litchi operation?

Any other advice much appreciated, I obviously know the P3A pretty well but I'm new the the P3S (previous drone was a P2V+)

TIA Adam

the latest firmware for the P3S is working with litchi

Pretty strange start - my P3S flies perfectly with DJI Go but Litchi crashes on startup (this on the same HTC phone as the P3A which works great!)

I did get it working an another device (android tablet) and all was good. So I'm happy with my P3S&Litchi now.

I have to say, after using the P3A the P3S controller feels quite horrible and 'plasticky' - I really miss the shutterbutton on the controller - but the drone itself is a joy to fly. Mine is restricted to CE power but range was solid and out to the limits of my sight without any feed or control issues. Video is smooth and sharp.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicdoom
Awesome glad its working for you. I have the P3S and the P34K that uses the P3A controller so I know exactly what your talking about I haven't flown my P3S much since buying the P34K for now its just a good back up till I get the P3P. If I understand correctly the CE version will default to FCC when in FCC flight zone it determines this through GPS.

I initially started out using a galaxy tab4 that crashed every time I'd take off. I switched to the TabS3 and its been fantastic never any lag and never crashes with DJI go or litchi no matter what Drone I'm flying. I am happy I found DJI its changed everything for me with flying Drones. Prior I didn't care for them much I still have several that were sitting on a shelf as I choose to fly Planes over drones. Well I dusted them old boys off and put them into use. I found through flying DJI drones I now have better control over the standard drones with no bells and whistles, and I'm now able to fly collective pitch helicopters because of DJI drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4