Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

Reaction score
Did anybody noticed this today ?

DJI haven't announced the release of firmware and assistant software 3.0 but the firmware is downloadable from the assistant s/w 2.0.

And if you upgrade to firmware 3.0 w/o the assistant s/w 3.0 it will give u a version mismatch! What is DJI doing ?????

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,870
:shock:

These are the reasons I don't upgrade my firmware unless I'm having issues. I'm still on 1.8 and, with my fingers crossed, everything is working perfectly well.

Can't wait to see what others have to say...

i-P87pMzB-M.gif

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
:shock:

These are the reasons I don't upgrade my firmware unless I'm having issues. I'm still on 1.8 and, with my fingers crossed, everything is working perfectly well.

Can't wait to see what others have to say...

i-P87pMzB-M.gif

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

somebody in DJI must be drunk. press wrong button to live the firmware.

2.0 autolanding better (not bouncing like a ball) but I been reading post that some pilots around the world having issue with 2.0.

Yeah, 2.0 gave me some grief. It appears that 3.0 just adds more flight restrictions. Until or IF we get way points, I'm going to hold off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re: Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

Hmm I'm leaving that alone :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almmohd said:
Hmm I'm leaving that alone :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the fun in that? :)

I can only see ver 2 of Assistant and firmware on the site. Must have been pulled.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
I can only see ver 2 of Assistant and firmware on the site. Must have been pulled.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

the v3 firmware only show up in the assistant software 2.0 which is weird. Not up on their official DJI.com website yet.

Just tried updating my firmware for the first time since getting my Phantom.

When I try clicking on 'view', 'basic', advanced, or tools, I get an error that "You must update Main Controller firmware to new version".

I don't know what i'm missing, but it appears I have the most recent firmware (v3.00) and updated firmware on P300CB of 1.0.1.24

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,782
Okay so I upgraded without seeing this and now I am stuck. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

camramnky said:
Okay so I upgraded without seeing this and now I am stuck. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

This is something I'd like to know also. I did find a method where you were supposed to open the software assistant and click here, type this and blah, blah, blah. But that option seems to have be removed from the software.

I think the v3.0 firmware been released by mistake by the DJI people. Dun think it is their final release as there was no email announcement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the people who already upgraded to 3.0. Can you downgrade to 1.8 using the old assistant and then upgrade back to 2.0? Kind of a hassle but seems logical to me.

So I see it too. I just got my new GoPro back from repair and just updated my bird Friday to 2.0. Now today it is offering 3.0 What gives? Have anyone updated successfully?

I wonder what is in the "Special areas restriction section".

LuvMyTJ said:
So I see it too. I just got my new GoPro back from repair and just updated my bird Friday to 2.0. Now today it is offering 3.0 What gives? Have anyone updated successfully?

Dont upgrade to firmware 3.0 yet as the assistant software 3.0 still not out. U need both to be 3.0 in order to work

Sent via Tapatalk

LuvMyTJ said:

Dont upgrade to firmware 3.0 yet as the assistant software 3.0 still not out. U need both to be 3.0 in order to work

Sent via Tapatalk

LuvMyTJ said:

Sent via Tapatalk

The update have some restrictions of special areas you can fly, I live near of an air port about 2 km, I'll wait to update when I have more info about to such restrictions as it usually takeoff of my house for test flights.

Seriously, this company is all over the place. Putting aside for a moment; bad support, terrible documentation, glitchy software, and confusing firmware updates...

I've just watched a random video showing off a Phantom Vision Plus, which also appears in this new firmware's notes. Yet there is nothing on the website showing this model. Weird way to notify the public of a new product line. A small aside, Lightbridge is nowhere to be found on the DJI site which is puzzling.

The annoying thing is, when I fork out for a new H3-3D (which DJI is currently only selling to new Phantom purchasers, nice way to show support for your existing customer base) I will have to upgrade to this firmware and judging by the issues some were having with 2.0 this worries me.

Sort your ish out for ***** sake :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31