Firmware 1.4.1 problems

Reaction score
I followed the instructions to install F/W 1.4.1 and watched the alternating red/green cam led then after <15 minutes it went to solid green and flashing white rear leds. Thinking it was complete I powered down and removed the card and it did not have the text file with the success msg like previous updates. I did not check the misc/log at that time but read on the dji forum about formatting the card on the P3 and reloading the bin file and starting over. I did this and when I inserted the newly formatted sd card with a newly loaded .bin file all it did was a flashing green cam led. I then checked the misc/log file and there was nothing on it newer than the previous 1.3 update.
When I check the about icon it shows the following:
app v 2.2.0
Aircraft V 1.4.1.0
RC V 1.3.2.0

Any enlightenment greatly appreciated

When I first did my 1.4 upgrade to the FW, I didn't get the text file but everything was working exactly as it should. The text file mysteriously appeared on the card about three boots later! The second attempt you tried didn't do anything because it recognised that the FW had already upgraded successfully so you don't need to do anything else apart from any batteries you may have. Just leave the bin file in and boot with each battery installed and then once all done you can delete the bin file. Personally I always keep the bin file but move it to a sub-folder called FW Archive so if I need it I can just bring it back into the root directory.

n1 know how to reinstall firmware on a controller? mine is corrupted and as a result the camera left wheel is not working properly
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aircraft V 1.4.1.0
RC V 1.3.2.0
Those are the correct version numbers. It's odd that you're not seeing a TXT file on your memory card, but it appears that everything installed properly.

OK I have not been able to fly because of weather since the update but will do when possible. Where can I view the battery firmware level and what should it be? I assume by leaving the .bin file on my SD card the remainder of battery's will be updated as I use them. I like the idea of leaving the .bin file in a archive subfolder on the card.

The battery firmware version is not displayed anywhere. If you're not sure which version you have installed on your batteries, then it would be best to keep the BIN on your memory card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.