Firmware 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 (compass any better)

Reaction score
I'm still on 1.1.9 at the mo for many reasons which i don't want to go into in this thread and go off topic.
Im wanting to know if anyone who has had compass errors in the past on older firmwares from taking off to close to metal, is now getting them less with the latest firmware.
I understand this is to do with the compass and not firmware, but was hoping maybe just maybe things have improved a little. Had an error before it wasn't a problem i just flew away got gps back and landed, i can fly all day in atti anyway so its no major problem. How ever it is when your trying to take photos and concentrate on settings for the camera and all of a sudden you here the little lady from the app say "P atti mode". Happened again tonight while just about to start taking photos of a metal object which i was about 15mtrs away from (metal shipping container in middle of field), i wouldn't mind it but as i was approaching i thought i wont get to close or i will get a compass error, so stopped for min and looked at the screen and sure enough compass error popped up and flicked into p atti. I know the inspire and p3 have this feature to stop flyaways but its just a little to sensitive for my liking, the converted container i was about to take pics of is the club house to our flying club which i use to fly very close to and land on top off with older phantoms. LOL

I'm also still on 1.1.9. My brother installed 1.2.6 and mention that he is now having drifting issues that wasn't there with 1.1.9. He tried a compass cal. with the same result. I'm personally waiting for the next update and have never had any issues with compass. Could drifting be a symptom of compass issues? How do u know your having compass problems?

Your app will say " P Atti mode" and when you look at your screen you will see the compass error and that you are in p atti and not gps, this will all so show in your flight log, not the error just that the craft has flicked into p atti.

Oh ok. Thanks. I've had it say p attic but believ it was due to an insufficient amount of satellites.

Yes it will flick into p atti with lack of satellites as well, how ever now the p3 locks onto glonass satellites as well so this will very rarely be a problem, in fact i have never had less than 12 on lock to be honest.

Yes..After I updated to the new software a few days ago. I did a compass update in the middle of my backyard. Then I walked back toward my home and placed it on my patio table with some metal on it - and it immediately said compass error.

I can understand on metal its self or even close by, but in my opinion 15 Mtrs away should not be causing the compass to error. Well wish it didn't anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.