Firefighters Can't Save People Burning in Cars Because of Drone

Some have commented it is not true (the drone flying, not the fire). The firefighter helicopter could have easily washed out this drone by dropping its water on top of it. This being said, clearly, stay away of any rescue operations.

Reactions: Tallyrver
Plus the wind in Cajon pass is very strong, I find this hard to believe.

The article is not accurate. There is no people in the cars. But at the same time if you see a fire you should know that its not safe to fly because there is always a chance of heli's being in the path. This is just more media brainwashing and nothing more. I have lived on camp lejeune (military base) for some time and I can assure you a small 5 pound quad will not even effect a rotor on a heli. These guys out here doing there flying chop up birds all the time. A buddy of mine that is a osprey mechanic says they fly through whole flocks of large birds and grind them to nothing without a single mark on the props.

i think the government has another agenda for articles like this. They will use it, regardless if it's true or not, to pass very strict drone laws in the future.

I find it hard to believe for various reasons. Mainly because when I fly and I go out a couple hundred feet I can no longer see my P3. How the hell are the fire fighters spotting the drone? Literally makes no sense.

This 'report' was written by Alisa Walker. I cannot take someone seriously when they end up with a sentence:
If you have drone—and I think I can stay this with some certainty—stay the **** away from wildfires.

This thing was written to generate rage, and it is successful, if you look at the talkbacks.

Makes you think if there isn't another agenda here:
Could it be that firefighters are concerned that now they can be monitored, that their work can be scrutinized? This could spell the end to the myth of the firefighters as heroes. I have already seen another drone video in which firefighters were lazy or not going with all their might at a fire. That video ended with the drone being shot with water.

We should be careful in both directions: not all drone operators are moron or criminals. Not all firefighters have an agenda against drones. In this world, there is place for both. Firefighters will need to learn to operate in conditions where there are drones or UAVs, and drone operators will need to fly safely in a way that does not interfere with the work of firefighters.

This 'report' was written by Alisa Walker. I cannot take someone seriously when they end up with a sentence:
If you have drone—and I think I can stay this with some certainty—stay the **** away from wildfires.

This thing was written to generate rage, and it is successful, if you look at the talkbacks. Makes you think if there isn't another agenda here:
Could it be that firefighters are concerned that now they can be monitored, that their work can be scrutinized? This could spell the end to the myth of the firefighters are heroes. I have already seen another drone video in which firefighters were lazy or not going with all their might at a fire. That video ended with the drone being shot with water.

We should be careful in both directions: not all drone operators are moron or criminals. Not all not all firefighters have an agenda against drones. In this world, there is place for both. Firefighters will need to learn to operate in conditions where there are drones or UAVs, and drone operators will need to fly safely in a way that does not interfere with the work of firefighters.

I think it's more than that. The Feds will use these "stories" to pass strict laws in the future. It's honestly, more than likely, all made up.

I'm a firefighter and I'll be honest here.... If a UAV ever interfered with firefighting operations I would shoot it down with a stream. No doubt about it.

Let's try to quantify 'interfere'.
What can a UAV do to prevent you from doing your work?
Unless you mean that there is an array of drones, blocking your way to the fire.

Did i see aerial photosn of this fire in the article? If it wasnt safe to fly, how did they get the shots???

I'm a firefighter and I'll be honest here.... If a UAV ever interfered with firefighting operations I would shoot it down with a stream. No doubt about it.

Come on, if a quad bothers you at a job to the point where you divert from the task to shoot water at it that's ridiculous. It's a flying camera, not a swarm of hornets.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This kind of fear tactic and smear is done in cooperation with the news copter pilots and their reporter buddies! These pilots fear for their jobs and will do everything they can to justify their unnecessary existence. Jmo.

There's another video of the fire and at the end the reporters just so happens to have a Phantom to use as an example for the report! Hmmmm..... How convenient is that?? They just drive around with a drone in their news van?? So easy to see what they're doing...
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For some reporters, writing fiction is job security. Look at some of the major news organizations-- everyday is a fiction story book. The news is whatever propaganda supports their agenda--

Folks, its a technology blog, run by Gawker Media out of the Cayman Islands.

Only read by three people, including the original poster.

Sheeple-fools-who-believe-the-mainstream-news-has-no-agenda-but-to-report-the-truth.jpg
For some reporters, writing fiction is job security. Look at some of the major news organizations-- everyday is a fiction story book. The news is whatever propaganda supports their agenda--

Not only was the image in the article taken from a helicopter, there is a helicopter in the picture!

So there were 2 copters in the air, but the firefighters could not go up there because of the drone.... Right.... And the news copters were not interfering.... Right.

I am actually starting to think, that the drones filming events are a threat to journalists, which is why the media is joining in the frenzy.

I don't follow any of the conspiracy theories,,but it sounds like a drone was in the area based on several reports (or at least it was reported to authorities one had been seen). This type of press just makes the general public more concerned about drones,,if you think restrictions are bad now (I really don't), then hold on to your hats

Let congress get involved, trying to 'save people from deadly drones",,and we will be lucky if we aren't limited to 20' AGL in our own backyard,,,we need to be doing everything possible to help people see drones in a different light,,get press for working with law enforcement as volunteers, helping to educate people the good drones can do, they aren't just toys for men with big ego's that want to prove high they can go and where we can go no matter what the FAA says

Reactions: Clinton Balmain

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr