Finnally installed dji carbon fiber props

Reaction score
And i absolutely in love them. The drone is more responsive and faster with crisp movements. I was scared to do it at first after reading all the horror stories. Seem the cheap knockoffs have issues

Reactions: clK1$t
And i absolutely in love them. The drone is more responsive and faster with crisp movements. I was scared to do it at first after reading all the horror stories. Seem the cheap knockoffs have issues
see the thing about these OEM 9450 props.... they are very strong able to smack right into a tree or street sign or fall on the ground out of the air and still be durable enough to takeoff 1 sec later......I've heard horror stories about these brittle " Carbon Fiber" props definitely interested but also a lot of fear.....next time share a quick pik

I don't know about more responsive but it definitely won't be faster, it's just not possible. Given the issues and lack of advantages your probably best advised to buy a spare drone when you go the CF route.

Reactions: EasyE520
I'm running them,( CF) but no matter what prop I run, I'm staying away from street signs, tree's, & hope to heck it don't drop to the ground. I've read horror stories about that too...........

Last edited:
Yeap i read many stories. I have not hit anything yet because i live in the middle of no where. heres a pic. Again these are dji props. They dont even look like carbon fiber but i noticed dji says its carbon fiber reinforced. The props is just a flat black color and was well balanced out the pack

Attachments

• 20170217_213544.jpg
    20170217_213544.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 782
This from DJI web site
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Propellers. Lighter with greater thrust
9450 Self-tightening Propellers (with a composite hub) can be used with Phantom 3/Phantom 2 series or Flame Wheel series platforms and the E310/E305/E300 tuned propulsion systems.

I agree on them being quicker, that's the thrust your noticing they do not flex, as a plastic prop will, have to "catch up" not something you can really see, except for in flight, then your seeing it, feeling it, a response, no lag. This is what you are experiencing , Hitting a street sign with any prop is not my way of thinking, but I ride a bike too...

I don't know about more responsive but it definitely won't be faster, it's just not possible. Given the issues and lack of advantages your probably best advised to buy a spare drone when you go the CF route.
My fastest time was with a set of CF props, just saying. And that was not because of a tail wind that day. Had some higher tail winds with the stock props, but my max forward speed was with a set of DJI reinforced CF props. 38.25 mph P3S. Unless you've really tried a set, side by side on the same equipment?

My fastest time was with a set of CF props, just saying. And that was not because of a tail wind that day. Had some higher tail winds with the stock props, but my max forward speed was with a set of DJI reinforced CF props. 38.25 mph P3S. Unless you've really tried a set, side by side on the same equipment?
On a static test rig, prop driven at a constant RPM and thrust measured I would not be suprised to see greater thrust generated by the carbon reinforced model. It would likely be negligible however as the DJI carbon reinforced props still exhibit considerable flex. Carbon reinforced has condlsiderably less strength than true resin impregnated carbon fibre woven material.

Notwithstanding any thrust advantage will be completely negated by the phantom flight controller. Maximum pitch angles (lateral speed) and club ascent/descent speeds are limited by software.

My recommendation is if anyone want to try them go with dji cabon fiber reinforced instead of a one of those ebay type. There is a reason dji designed theres the way they did.

Im using the carbon Fiber blades, original From dji for two months...
Its not lighter than the normal blades, it have the same weight because It have the core in metal...
I like It just for being reinforced...
My original blades, in one month, had some dents...
The carbon Fiber blades, still as New...

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im using the carbon Fiber blades, original From dji for two months...
Its not lighter than the normal blades, it have the same weight because It have the core in metal...
I like It just for being reinforced...
My original blades, in one month, had some dents...
The carbon Fiber blades, still as New...

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have the same ones from DJI, like the performance enhancement but seem to notice camera footage is not as smooth. A bit of shaking especially if the camera is pointed completely horizontal. Have you had any similar occurrence.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI Carbon Fiber Props have a composite hub, not metal.. Lighter also..

Flew again today for 40 min (got 2 batts) going fast as i could making swift turns. No issues. Hit 38mph with no wind

Last edited:
Welp crashed into a tree in my front yard and broke 1 of the props. The good thing is the dgi carbon fiber prop took all the damage. Everything else is fine. I will purchase 2 more blades. All this happened because of me carelessly racing around the yard like its a race drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.