Finland to set tight rules for RC- choppers

Reaction score
Looks like Finnish authorities are about to set very tight rules for RC- choppers (ofcourse mostly for quads)

Crappy translation:

https://translate.google.fi/translate?h ... %2F7466586

in a nutshell:

-no flying above public and over highly populated areas (what ever that means..)
-max altitude 150m, distance 500m
-pilot must have a visual contact to the quad all the time

-possibly in the future: pilot must have a license

vialho said:
-no flying above public and over highly populated areas (what ever that means..)
-max altitude 150m, distance 500m
-pilot must have a visual contact to the quad all the time

These are pretty much the same rules that exist in the UK. They seem entirely reasonable to me. There is an exception to the "must have visual contact" rule in that you are permitted to fly FPV if you have a "spotter" with you who is keeping an eye on the aircraft.

HarryT said:
There is an exception to the "must have visual contact" rule in that you are permitted to fly FPV if you have a "spotter" with you who is keeping an eye on the aircraft.

I have taken to wearing a decent pair of lightweight binoculars to assist me when flying at distances beyond 300 yards. Even at that range the Phantom is very small, and against certain backgrounds can be almost impossible to see with the naked eye. Having got used to carrying them, I wouldn't be without them now.

Very few people here and even fewer built up areas, so I'm okay on the other two counts.

Greyfox51 said:
I have taken to wearing a decent pair of lightweight binoculars to assist me when flying at distances beyond 300 yards. Even at that range the Phantom is very small, and against certain backgrounds can be almost impossible to see with the naked eye. Having got used to carrying them, I wouldn't be without them now.

That seems like a good idea - I'm constantly losing sight of my P2. Like most rules, though, the "must fly in visual range" one is there, I suspect, to be enforced in the odd case where someone does something really, really stupid. Nobody's going to care if you're flying FPV on your own in the overwhelming majority of situations. The one rule I would never break, though, is the 400' height restriction. I have the altitude limit set to 120m in PA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik