Finding solution from pros? (Goggles 4 P3s)

Reaction score
Ok guys. I saw a. Video of a low cost solution of using googles on vision + why can't we use on p3s and I don't see the real problem. Is there lag? Below is the setup (low cost) that I'm looking at. That's all for the advice.
6e4a7fc3f9349720fba84d39a5e24bdc.jpg
c673ff6d1a027bf311e428cff506a371.jpg
d87e0da1e46793bae43c85c5f58e38b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tony my friend,

I don't know if the use of goggles is legal. I guess I'm under the impression that it isn't legal. Somebody with knowledge might want to confirm.

I am new to this, but it seems as though I've read somewhere that it is legal, as long as you have a spotter.....??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not in Canada. You aren't allowed to use a spotter to extend is specifically outlined although I can't remember where in the rules I read that. Not sure about elsewhere in the world...

Tony my friend,

I don't know if the use of goggles is legal. I guess I'm under the impression that it isn't legal. Somebody with knowledge might want to confirm.
Yes. I did not read it was illegal. From what I know they are saying to have some one else have a vlos. You will get the feel of being in the cockpit. Depending on which goggles you use. I guess I could return items if it did not work.

Anyone really know if the setup will work with a lightning to hdmi cable. I don't see why not. I'm not really sure of legalities according to FAA. They don't want any fpv flying. Goggles or even your tablet. However that is not saying it is against the law. According to AMA this is based on interpretation and no one really knows the intent of congress. So it's a wait and see attitude at the moment. If I can use my phone legally then so can I use goggles. They are both fpv. However it does say a substitute person can not be used.

Tony the lightening to hdmi adapter works great on my iPhone 6+ when flying my Standard with fpv glasses. For some reason only iPhones using this adapter fill the entire screen. iPads using this adapter do not fill the screen, it is a box in the middle of the screen.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Personally I'm going to go with Freefly VR goggles,Litchi App,Andriod phone same effect,much cheaper !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tony the lightening to hdmi adapter works great on my iPhone 6+ when flying my Standard with fpv glasses. For some reason only iPhones using this adapter fill the entire screen. iPads using this adapter do not fill the screen, it is a box in the middle of the screen.
Exactly what brand of fpv glasses are you using. Finally some answers. I mean. I have my iPad. But I also have iPhone 6 if you can tell me your set up. So you just plugged in adapter and your glasses? Help me out here.

Personally I'm going to go with Freefly VR goggles,Litchi App,Andriod phone same effect,much cheaper !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Can you post a link of the setup you will use. Apparently with iPhone no out hdmi port. So we need adapter. So I need to know if he is getting signal to glasses.

Ok I watched video on the free fly VR setup. It looks awesome. Just plug phone in and go. No adapters needed. Wow. Waiting to see exact model you will get.
Not sure what the glide is for. But it says so issue with iOS 9.2. Help me understand? This is what I saw. It would work and be much cheaper if someone is using on their phantom 3 standard.
1c12118b695768a58e4400994225748e.jpg

I wonder if it has something to do with the landscape mode????

Tony, I thought you were saving up for a P3P as well as trying to time the market. I love being ADHD!!!! Tony we need to live closer to each other.

Tony, I thought you were saving up for a P3P as well as trying to time the market. I love being ADHD!!!! Tony we need to live closer to each other.
Funny. No I'm good financially. I can get the p3p. But I also want some goggles. But I think I will still keep my standard. But I will wait to buy p3p because I believe something fishy is going on. The price is dropping like a rock all of a sudden. I would hate to spend 1k then see if for 700 in a month. I can get some cheap goggles hopefully if I can get confirmation from
Someone about their setup on the standard. So far only tonyt76 says he is set up. I just want to see what he is using exactly.

They have the same type on eBay for 40 and as low as 30

I just did my first flight today using HooToo goggles with the FPV Camera for DJI app on iOS. Incredible experience. Especially for under $50. Just put your phone in and off you go. Here is the screen shot showing the OSD. Lots of OSD options with this app.

6c3d369c61037c75ba05f86dc58dc077.jpg

If you have any questions just let me know.

Hootoo goggles? It works well with the go app?

Funny. No I'm good financially. I can get the p3p. But I also want some goggles. But I think I will still keep my standard. But I will wait to buy p3p because I believe something fishy is going on. The price is dropping like a rock all of a sudden. I would hate to spend 1k then see if for 700 in a month. I can get some cheap goggles hopefully if I can get confirmation from
Someone about their setup on the standard. So far only tonyt76 says he is set up. I just want to see what he is using exactly.

Hey Tony,

I am using headplay fpv glasses. The are a little big but very light. They have hdmi in and have a single 7" 720p panel inside which works great with the 720p live fpv video. I use my iPhone 6+ with the hdmi adapter wired straight to the glasses. You will need a 3ft cable with hdmi male to mini hdmi male to connect the adapter to the glasses. With the pro I installed the hdmi module into the controller. For this its mini hdmi male into the controller to mini hdmi male into the glasses. For the Standard I purchased a hdmi male to mini hdmi female adapter so I can use the same mini hdmi cable for the Standard and Pro.

Hootoo goggles? It works well with the go app?

No the go app doesn't have this option. The app is called "FPV Camera for DJI". I personally don't see any point in spending $100 on an HDMI adapter when you can get amazing goggle FPV with a lightning cable. Not to mention whatever you'll spend on the headset. Plus using lightning cable gives you auto tilt of the cam when you look down and up. Pretty awesome

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4