Find my P2V - no internet?

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I am flying a phantom 2 vision and using a Samsung S4 with it.
The problem is: if i activate wireless, internet mobile connection is not functional, passing through all the warning with wireless no internet connection available, unsecure network bla bla bla... i connected to the phantom wireless so now i can see on my samsung the vision camera. ok flying la la la but lets say it crashes...i don't know where it is...so i try to use find my phantom available on the dji app...but surprise you dont have internet connection because you have wireless connection with no internet. So the question is : what are the settings in order to have mobile internet and wireless connection at the same time?

Mention that i use last android for s4 :4.3 i think (kit Kat i think it's called).
Has enybody use this function before?

Use the app at home with internet. Move the map to the area you intend to fly in. Zoom and scroll until you've covered an appropriate area. This should then cache the map bringing it up even with no internet. Alternatively do the same out in the field before you link to the Vision. The map should populate via your cell data connection. Then connect to Phantom network.

Also even without the map it will still work, but only show relative position and no terrain detail... The markers will close in if you move towards the aircraft, but its like using an old-style non-mapping GPS.

yes it seems you are right.
you have to connect to the internet just once then it saves the map from the internet.
finds the last place it has recorded while in control and talking to the phone...if it runs away i think you wount be abble to find it with this app...olso is you are not flying in gps probably wont work again...right?

It will show the last place it received any telemetry data from the Vision - whatever mode it's in I still collects GPS data for both geotagging your pics and providing distance and speed readout. Once you are out of telemetry range that will be the last known position until it comes back into range. Note that it usually loses WiFi and therefore telemetry well before losing control...

This feature is really only meant to help you if you have an unwanted landing within WiFi range in difficult terrain like thick scrub or forest, etc.

In google maps.... Zoom into the area you will be flying in... Type in "Okay maps" without the quotes.. This will cache the map displayed on your device. Your phantom will show its location as the last place it recorded on the map.

The Rookie

Geert said:
Hi,

I am using an iPad mini as FPV for my bird. My iPad can connect to internet only throughout WiFi .
On my iPhone I have 3G and I can share this network with my iPad mini if i need it.
The system stores the last know GPS position to the device you used for FPV.
It works fine, I tested it out already just in case I need it in the future.

Geert.
I also have iPad mini wifi only and iphone 5.
How do I share this ?

Yeah if I pay to use as a personal hotspot. Monthly fee with att.
Also when I type okay maps it's says and hit enter , it's say no results found.

Mori55 said:
Yeah if I pay to use as a personal hotspot. Monthly fee with att.
Also when I type okay maps it's says and hit enter , it's say no results found.
Are you in Google maps.... or using Apple ipad? .... It works on Android devices.. I cannot speak for apple or others devices.
I've also read variations like "ok maps" also works.

it works for me
great comand...didn't know about this
Olso now that i connected first to the internet the map is saved so i can find it and see the map
Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20