finally

Reaction score
hi guys.

after 22 logged flights, succesfully gone through the whole dji pilot manual, dominated the circles and eight technique, today i switched to naza mode :twisted:

i just have 7 words

why the hell didnt i switched before?

seriously, it felt good but kinda strange.
strange because i was pretty confident with the phantom mode and suddenly forward is forward where the nose pointed at home lock no matter where the nose points, but after 10 minutes i get used to it. what i didn't liked is that my circle (poi) technique now doesnt work... ill have to practice a new one, or swith s2 to top whenever i want to fly around an object.

next week ill load my quad with the gimball (so far i've been flying unloaded, from time to time i carry my point and shoot and just take pictures), hero 3+, iosd and flytrex and for sure will start sharing my videos :)

keep flying!

I could be missing something but I don't think you're doing it right... :)

With S1 and S2 up it should act just like it did when you were in Phantom mode. And it sounds like you are using HL to fly around in. It's basically for bringing it home when you don't know how it's oriented, although it will fly around you in a fixed radius if you use the Roll (left and right on the right stick).

mmn said:
I could be missing something but I don't think you're doing it right... :)

With S1 and S2 up it should act just like it did when you were in Phantom mode. And it sounds like you are using HL to fly around in. It's basically for bringing it home when you don't know how it's oriented, although it will fly around you in a fixed radius if you use the Roll (left and right on the right stick).

mmm:
yes and no

i flew about 3 minutes in gps, nice circles :)
i flew about 10 minutes in course lock (s2 swith in middle position, forward will always be forward no matter where the nose points)
i flew about 10 minutes in home lock (s2 switch is on bottom position, if right throttle pushed backward the quad will fly to home point)

and finally i tried failsafe (s1 switch, bottom position)

in the meantime i also tried resettin home position (flipping s2 switch five times) and all worked like a charm (except for the circles :))

chapsrlz said:
seriously, it felt good but kinda strange.
strange because i was pretty confident with the phantom mode and suddenly forward is forward where the nose pointed at home lock no matter where the nose points, but after 10 minutes i get used to it. what i didn't liked is that my circle (poi) technique now doesnt work... ill have to practice a new one, or swith s2 to top whenever i want to fly around an object.

This sounds like you were in CL mode, esp if you had to switch s2 to the top to change it.

OI Photography said:
This sounds like you were in CL mode, esp if you had to switch s2 to the top to change it.

ok, after two replies now im confused and just to be sure:

when in naza mode:

s2 on top = gps mode (same as phantom mode)
s2 on middle = course lock (forward will always fly forward orientated to the take off no matter where the nose is pointing at)
s3 on bottom = home lock (reverse will bring the quad in a direct line between its actual point and the take off point)
all that assuming s1 is on top.

am i correct?

chapsrlz said:
am i correct?

Yes, correct, assuming you don't reset home point or CL course after take-off.

Your initial post sounded like you were going straight in to CL and that's why NAZA mode felt so different than Phantom mode for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic