Finally time to update???

Reaction score
OK. Been awhile since I have been here/posted, been busy. Here's the skinny:

Crashed the P3S end of last year. :( My fault, took my eyes off it at the wrong moment. :oops: Didn't pursue repairing due to holidays. :confused: Fast forward 3 or so months, I buy replacement parts and repair P3S. Not quite sure what happened, but either it is the new phone I have (BLU R1 HD Android 6.0 OS) or it is the GO app has been updated, but now the drone connects lickety split! Distance is still sorely lacking however. But the phone is absolutely perfect with the drone, very minimal lag time to the point it is almost not noticeable.

Anyway, to the question. The PS3 is on version, I don't remember exactly, 1.4.6 or something similar. All the updates after, have had reports of being plagued by problems and so I never 'updated' mine. But now, time has passed (about a year give or take) since I got the drone and its current FW version installed.

Is there any reason to update it or should I just leave well enough alone? I know the GO app has gone thru several iterations but should I update the bird itself now? o_O

Hey (Hot Dog) ;)
Sorry I didn't miss you. :D
My opinion if it is a Standard and flies like it should, don't Fry-it.

Rod

Reactions: Squirrel!
OK. Been awhile since I have been here/posted, been busy. Here's the skinny:

Crashed the P3S end of last year. :( My fault, took my eyes off it at the wrong moment. :oops: Didn't pursue repairing due to holidays. :confused: Fast forward 3 or so months, I buy replacement parts and repair P3S. Not quite sure what happened, but either it is the new phone I have (BLU R1 HD Android 6.0 OS) or it is the GO app has been updated, but now the drone connects lickety split! Distance is still sorely lacking however. But the phone is absolutely perfect with the drone, very minimal lag time to the point it is almost not noticeable.

Anyway, to the question. The PS3 is on version, I don't remember exactly, 1.4.6 or something similar. All the updates after, have had reports of being plagued by problems and so I never 'updated' mine. But now, time has passed (about a year give or take) since I got the drone and its current FW version installed.

Is there any reason to update it or should I just leave well enough alone? I know the GO app has gone thru several iterations but should I update the bird itself now? o_O

Mark, I gave the latest firmware and app version on my P3S. No issues with it for me. I don't fly it as much anymore now that I have a P4P.

the RTH is set to china

Rod
Funniest thing I think I'll read all day!

funny.jpg

Reactions: RodPad
I don't fly it as much anymore now that I have a P4P.
Can't hide money... ;)

Yeah, I'm thinking today would be as good a time as any to update it.

Also tempted by the 4. How do you like it so far?

Can't hide money... ;)

Yeah, I'm thinking today would be as good a time as any to update it.

Also tempted by the 4. How do you like it so far?

I love it. Tripod mode is amazing in tight places. The camera is amazing too having the aperture adjustment also. It is like having ND filters built right in. It is a lot better in low light areas too.
IMG_1496486141.773719.jpg

That was straight off the bird with the darker photo of an AEB shot.

This was the final after combined
IMG_1496486239.315849.jpg

That is a badass pic! :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Nickster
I should have listened, Rod...my bird is in the process of updating and the camera is literally going nuts. Now GO is saying update failed, repower and try later. I repowered, everything connects, update needed message now gone and the bird just beeps and 2 props stutter. WTF DJI?!?!?! I wait a whole year for you to get your act together and what happens? I still get F*****D.

Time for a P4? ;)

I think my next bird will be an Autel...

I'm screwed. I think it's bricked...

I think Autel is on the way out with the consumer drones. I believe they are focusing on software.

It's an idea. I'm just bummed the F out...

I was too. Mine bricked twice on me from a firmware update about 6 months apart. Fixed both times for free though and only took a couple weeks turnaround. Won't update ever again....

It is updating now. Like you, never again. (Of course I said that 1 year ago too. ;) )

FIXED!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! Nothing a couple of Devils Cut and Coke can't figure out! LMAO!

@Squirrel!
OMG, I just got back on the forum. :eek:
I'm glad you got going!
Firmware on the P3Sh*ts, just scares me.

@Nickster
Yeah that's a photo!

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1