FINALLY POSTING A VIDEO HERE.

Reaction score
So I've had my Phantom 3 for four weeks now and have yet to post any videos here. It took a little while for me and video edition g to learn how to get along. So finally, here are to videos I managed to get uploaded this week. There are 33 more there as well, just go to my channel if interested. Here folks, is some beautiful Shenandoah Valley drone footage!

Great footage! Why does it look washed out some?

The colors don't seem vibrant...kinda 'flat', if you know what I mean...

And I am also, VERY new to all of this...I don't even know how to 'edit' in the GO app...;)

See what I mean about the vibrancy?
Screenshot (163).png

Looks like the white balance. Its just a simple adjustment in the app. Also, when your out in the country, if you take off your prop gaurds(if they're the removable ones) you have a much better shot at a no guards video. I use em if there are people around, but never do when in a remote area. As far as editing goes, I'm not much farther along than you. Just keep at it. It's not something that blooms overnight, but eventually you'll get it, I am. If I can do it, anybody can:confused:

Reactions: Squirrel!
Looks like the white balance. Its just a simple adjustment in the app. Also, when your out in the country, if you take off your prop gaurds(if they're the removable ones) you have a much better shot at a no guards video. I use em if there are people around, but never do when in a remote area.

Yeah, some of these first few vids I post are going to have the prop guards in them unfortunately. I used them on every flight while getting the hang of flying the thing. If I'm just playing around I still use them, but not when I want to get good video. I thought I could turn Gimbal down enough to not see guards and still get shots I wanted, but no dice.

Yeah, some of these first few vids I post are going to have the prop guards in them unfortunately. I used them on every flight while getting the hang of flying the thing. If I'm just playing around I still use them, but not when I want to get good video. I thought I could turn Gimbal down enough to not see guards and still get shots I wanted, but no dice.
Flying backwards is the only way I know to guarantee props or guards don't show, but there's enough to worry about without throwing in something like flying in reverse.

Reactions: Gary M
Were you shooting the video with D-log? That could be the reason why it looks wash out. You need to bring the color back during post processing with d-log.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Toms tech time youtube channel has a good video for phantom 3 camera settings.

Were you shooting the video with D-log? That could be the reason why it looks wash out. You need to bring the color back during post processing with d-log.

What is D-log? Is that some camera setting or something?

d5623e8f976bf644add1cef458651c89.jpg
It is under Camera setting. If you are not using doing post processing color correction, choose "None".

Is that raw or edited? You should see the garbage I shot this afternoon. I think I screwed up using the UV Filter instead of Polarizing. It was kind of bright out and everything light colored is just BAD, really bad. Live and learn I guess.
That is just a straight screen shot, no processing. Didn't even know I could. :confused:

Awesome video. I like it. Sometimes the editing app you use could help a lot to get a better and clearer video. These are mine. I used a combination of adobe premiere pro and GoPro app to work on the Basilica video. And i think I prefer the colouring there.

Hope you don't mind if I share them here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20