Finally ordered...

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Phantom 3 from newegg.com....thanks for the pre sale help...can't wait to fly it....should arrive Monday....wait is forever!!!

Reactions: Oso
Al the best. Read all documentation and prepare yourself for a dive.

Hope you got the black Friday special DJI is offering this week, $1159 plus an extra battery. Or, buy from Drones Plus this week, same deal, no tax and free shipping.

Last edited:
Newegg sold me the pro, extra battery, and DJI case for $1239 with a $100 rebate ($1139 net)....can also get a $25 credit if you use American Express card....but I used visa....

FYI....Keep an eye on Jet.com
Here is what I paid and date;
Placed: November 2, 2015
DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal....... You paid: $971.94
(and this is the new shell, new motor one)

Placed: November 16, 2015
DJI-P3-Battery Intelligent Battery for Phantom 3 Drones......... You paid: $113.54

Use code "20now" it will still give you 20% off if it's your first time ordering, and if ya pay with a debit card it's another 1.5% off

My order came in three days from "123Stores"

That right, I missed their first price break as it would have been even lower, they price match and their prices can change every day, I'm not the only one who got good Phantom Deals, "Slickdeals" has a lot of them, just keep an eye on them as that Battery I got is even cheaper now !!
And this is brand new stuff no re-furb crap

Wow just got tracking info, it might arrive Saturday! To Hawaii!
Newegg is outstanding. Amazing service. I'd say that Newegg, B&H, and Amazon are hard to beat for service in the US.

Reactions: JoBe and JoeyJoe
Newegg is outstanding. Amazing service. I'd say that Newegg, B&H, and Amazon are hard to beat for service in the US.
True, very true

Any opinion on Adorama?

Looks like they might have the best deal going but I would be a bit worrid about their description and return policy at face value.

The first thing they say in their description is:
"Adorama cannot accept any Defective DJI products, warranty issues have to be dealt with DJI After-sales support."

And then looking at their return policy it looks like they charge you for the free shipping to you, upon return.

I almost ordered from adorama but that same wording scared me away....tracking info now says delivery is Tuesday...oh well...

Any opinion on Adorama?

Looks like they might have the best deal going but I would be a bit worrid about their description and return policy at face value.

The first thing they say in their description is:
"Adorama cannot accept any Defective DJI products, warranty issues have to be dealt with DJI After-sales support."

And then looking at their return policy it looks like they charge you for the free shipping to you, upon return.
I've ordered a couple of small camera related items from Adorama, but overall I would say they are a notch or two below the best retailers for customer service and return policy. If something is expensive, I won't use Adorama. For example, I bought a Nikon D4 a few years ago. It was out of of stock at B&H, but available to ship at Adorama. Even so, I waited three weeks for B&H to have it available.

I've ordered a couple of small camera related items from Adorama, but overall I would say they are a notch or two below the best retailers for customer service and return policy. If something is expensive, I won't use Adorama. For example, I bought a Nikon D4 a few years ago. It was out of of stock at B&H, but available to ship at Adorama. Even so, I waited three weeks for B&H to have it available.
I almost ordered from adorama but that same wording scared me away....tracking info now says delivery is Tuesday...oh well...

Thanks for the warnings. Yea I'm gonna stick with my purchase from Amazon. Worth paying $100 more for peace of mind.

I've done alot of reading and it looks like DJI themselves have embarrassingly bad customer service. So if I get a bad product or one that breaks within the first few weeks, waiting 6+ weeks for a repair is NOT OK for me. It's unfortunate that there is not many choices as far as good drones go. This is why DJI is still doing well. Luckily within a few years competition will ramp up and DJI will either become the bottom of the pack or evolve their policies.

Luckily there is at least still Vendors and CC companies that stand behind your purhase, regardless of the product (Amazon and AMEX).

Oh no... I just ordered from Adorama yesterday. I originally planned to order through Amazon with Adorama, but they ran out of stock. So I just ordered through their website. Should I be worried?

Oh no... I just ordered from Adorama yesterday. I originally planned to order through Amazon with Adorama, but they ran out of stock. So I just ordered through their website. Should I be worried?
As long as you have no problems, then no. From my understanding, the product generally is reliable and only a small PERCENTAGE have issues. The only part to worry about is if you DO have issues, you will still be taken care of it will just be a big hassle and wait.

Also I think with Amazon and hopefully newegg it will only help you during their hassle free return period. After that you may be stuck with DJI anyway...I also made sure to use a card that extends manufacturing warranty and has some coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged....

As long as you have no problems, then no. From my understanding, the product generally is reliable and only a small PERCENTAGE have issues. The only part to worry about is if you DO have issues, you will still be taken care of it will just be a big hassle and wait.
... I already had an issue. They said my order is delayed, and will ship next week despite their "Same-Day Shipping" guaranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik