Finally got to fly today!

Reaction score
For the first time in over a month I was able to get my P3A up in the sky. It was supposed to rain all weekend here in central Florida but the forecast changed for the better today (albeit cloudy). I highly recommend UAV Forecast as it was dead on with giving me an "OK to fly"

Still being a newbie (it's only my 2nd time out) I spent most of the time just keeping my eyes on the bird instead of the FPV. I did however turn off beginner mode just to get my feet wet with distance and height. I didn't do anything to crazy. Went up to 200' and about 300' out. Not much for you seasoned pilots, but definitely exciting for me as I was flying from a field that's heavily circled by dense forest and got to go out over the trees.

There was a police officer sitting in his car not to far from were I was flying and I expected him to come up and ask me for my registration (which I carry with me and have my bird labeled) but he never came over.

I'm still getting used to my orientation and had a 30 second scare where I lost sight of my bird but I did a RTH (which this was the first time I tested it) and she headed home without issue.

I was getting a lot of glare on my Nexus 7 II even though it was cloudy out which made the screen difficult to see. I've ordered some Tough Armor anti-glare sheets from Amazon which have yet to arrive. I'm hoping they help.

I purchased a 3D printed sun shield off eBay which didn't help much. It only came in white and I'm thinking that if I paint it flat black that might help with the reflection.

I took both of my batteries to 30% which worked out to a little over 20 minutes each. I was pretty pleased with that.

When I got home I charged both batteries back up to 50% and put them back in my case as it will probably be a couple more weeks before I can fly again.

I don't mean to bore you all but I was so excited to get in the air again I had to vent! [emoji846]

Happy Easter to all!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L and Erroll
For the first time in over a month I was able to get my P3A up in the sky. It was supposed to rain all weekend here in central Florida but the forecast changed for the better today (albeit cloudy). I highly recommend UAV Forecast as it was dead on with giving me an "OK to fly"

Still being a newbie (it's only my 2nd time out) I spent most of the time just keeping my eyes on the bird instead of the FPV. I did however turn off beginner mode just to get my feet wet with distance and height. I didn't do anything to crazy. Went up to 200' and about 300' out. Not much for you seasoned pilots, but definitely exciting for me as I was flying from a field that's heavily circled by dense forest and got to go out over the trees.

There was a police officer sitting in his car not to far from were I was flying and I expected him to come up and ask me for my registration (which I carry with me and have my bird labeled) but he never came over.

I'm still getting used to my orientation and had a 30 second scare where I lost sight of my bird but I did a RTH (which this was the first time I tested it) and she headed home without issue.

I was getting a lot of glare on my Nexus 7 II even though it was cloudy out which made the screen difficult to see. I've ordered some Tough Armor anti-glare sheets from Amazon which have yet to arrive. I'm hoping they help.

I purchased a 3D printed sun shield off eBay which didn't help much. It only came in white and I'm thinking that if I paint it flat black that might help with the reflection.

I took both of my batteries to 30% which worked out to a little over 20 minutes each. I was pretty pleased with that.

When I got home I charged both batteries back up to 50% and put them back in my case as it will probably be a couple more weeks before I can fly again.

I don't mean to bore you all but I was so excited to get in the air again I had to vent! [emoji846]

Happy Easter to all!

Glad you're enjoying your bird. Hope you get hundreds of good flights with it. You have some beautiful places there to get some great shots. Good luck.

For the first time in over a month I was able to get my P3A up in the sky.

Sounds good! You are doing the right thing by taking it easy. There is no rush. Enjoy!

You can't fly in Florida for a month! Hope it was your schedule and not the weather. We get windy weather here, but can fly 2 to 3 times per week minimum. Short of rain and high wind, I'd forget the UAV forecast and get out and fly. I have a Nexus 7 and find it the best in full sun compared to a couple of other tablets I have. Try turning the brightness up higher if you haven't already.

You can't fly in Florida for a month! Hope it was your schedule and not the weather. We get windy weather here, but can fly 2 to 3 times per week minimum. Short of rain and high wind, I'd forget the UAV forecast and get out and fly. I have a Nexus 7 and find it the best in full sun compared to a couple of other tablets I have. Try turning the brightness up higher if you haven't already.

Unfortunately, my schedule. I'm in the entertainment business and during this time of year with all the snowbirds I rarely get a day off from October to April.

Yeah, I have the brightness all the way up and adaptive brightness off. It's the reflection that's bugging me. Hoping the anti-glare sheets I got work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj