Finally got to FLY this evening.

While it is possible to get closer than 16 feet to the home position, the system itself doesn’t always yield that accuracy. All the GPS system is designed to provide is within 16 feet 95% of the time. No anecdotal evidence of being closer provides anything other than it happening once or several times.

Understand the statistics behind the specification.
I'm probably expecting too much "precision" out of something that can't provide it. I'm good with knowing it's limitations, not that I'm doing anything more than recreational (fun) flying with it anyways. Thanx. Mac:cool:

Got to try the Phavic P3ẞ. What a hoot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190619_185313341.jpg
    IMG_20190619_185313341.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 212
Haven't been on this site in awhile. Got to fly for about an hour this evening. Wx has been either rainy or windy here and life gets in the way sometimes too. My P3s flew well and the new Lenovo tablet worked well and gave me no issues, connected right away and had good, clear video. One question though, when I used the RTH feature(12 sats.), the bird would land 10-12 from it's takeoff spot, is this normal? Other than that, all went and ended well. Hope to get more flight time, which means...more batteries!! H.B.:)

It’s normal for it to land 10 -20 feet from take off point . After flying all over then come back 10 feet off is pretty good

Yes, the co-ords sometimes aren't the most precise...can be metres off. I almost always start in a wide open space (or as much as possible, so if I rely on RTH or autolanding, I don't have to stress about bushes, shrubs, trees or long grass. I also wait for the audio confirmation of the RTH location is marked on the map.

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic