Finally Got My First Flight in Today

Reaction score
I have 15 acres on an old farm that is all mine. No worries about angering some other folks. I did register before I flew.
Although I am an experienced RC pilot I took it really careful the first flight. Had Marco Polo attached just in case. Flew in the beginner mode. Those of you who haven't flown traditional RC cannot fathom the pleasure there is when you know you are behind the bird and merely let go of the sticks and it stays where it is. No plunge towards the ground or some other move that now puts you two steps behind. There's an old saying for RC folks. "Always fly three crashes high!" Did a manual take off and manual landing. It behaved wonderfully.
This is just a small sample of what it will take but if the rest of it goes this smoothly maybe DJI has finally gotten 'Most' of the bugs out of the firmware. Hope I haven't jinxed it all by speaking too soon.

Reactions: Teamfour
Well, DJI has a few issues to flatten, but the basic flight control is pretty advanced and has been for a couple years. The upside is that it makes for smoother flights and that's good for video, but the downside is that almost anyone can fly one and that includes folks with little regard for rules and other peoples privacy and safety.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj