Finally got 3 miles w/ p2v+

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting 15900' with unboosted/no bat mod p2v+?
I've been trying for a while and I think i found the winning antenna combo! Itelite p3 antenna/fpvlr 2.4 dipoles for wi-fi & ib crazy 15 turn 5.8/fatshark spironets for the control.
Obviously the wind and everthing needs to go just right to make it back with less than 5% battery.
What are you guys using to take p2v+ 3 miles????
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444921144.208193.jpg

Reactions: JCJMC
Looks like you have the right combo. I can only get about 3/4 of a mile due to trees and other obsticles. Go a have to drive a ways to get to a clear area like the ocean so I can give it a go. Lots trees and rivers in my area, no flat land till beach.

I know Ive had my P2V+ bird unmodded with all stock gear...and I mean all stock...out to 8800' over our lake and still had video and control. Furthest Ive ever been able to get and was amazed it happened that day. The signal gods must have been shining down on me :) But I regularly send her on 5 and 6 mile missions. Furthest I have flown on one battery is 9.55 and as I caught her she shutoff in my hand!!!

That's amazing as mine always autolands at critical battery level which is around 8%.

Mine too, it starts decending as your racing back! Usually when u still have 2-3 thousand ft to go. U just let loose altitude while moving closer to home! U need it to be rite at eye level when it returns w/ 0 % bat anyway

I know Ive had my P2V+ bird unmodded with all stock gear...and I mean all stock...out to 8800' over our lake and still had video and control. Furthest Ive ever been able to get and was amazed it happened that day. The signal gods must have been shining down on me :) But I regularly send her on 5 and 6 mile missions. Furthest I have flown on one battery is 9.55 and as I caught her she shutoff in my hand!!!
STREETCRED!!![emoji41]

I don't understand something, furthest you've been able to get out was 8800 feet, but you go out on 5 and 6 mile missions. You lost me there, can you clear it up for me? Thanks

I think The 8800 feet was on a unboosted / unmodded and the 4 mile flights was battery modded and boosted

I just mod antenna with WIFI in the P2 +'ve got 2km (6561 feet or 1.24 miles)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4