Finally Cracked Open the Boxes

Reaction score
Finally cracked open the boxes for the P3P & P3A I bought during the Black Friday sale. Happy to report both are the newer "A" models with the new "A" motors. Haven't powered them up yet so I don't know what firmware is installed. Super cool....getting stoked! :cool:

CzfxlFMpBq-2VgDGVUgyEBRIKLg0MupsiHlZySmLvjF2BibnBaIWdsD49P7Gw8ydEvqkyyeDGA5eX6_fd_b42vI_uH-4UiFHCNmTiPNinCpTeIWDWIr6VbbzxKMBXpqYm2NA_LsFTKMXdI6FvAPD5xdO-3IM_tkvkA6RDKfcNIxFpGjB72qCDGZojCpYgqvQm8j2YRu1eAe8Ppn-QxMgAejn0RoswCH9CafaVpcICNU0_tFKF5A8x_vuNkLu3ACQc3TxOIwxA9pU7XoMHYI_E_BQWqn3udK5j3onG7C3tShiPXaQkH5JOHh0vCWyuNnXSK53i9o-l1evui35T9lUDj_eu17_XR0M_5MjdQPI4W4ht4WecaHTMQuM6afMhdH9cAhFJKHILRCfVtc2fEqXmb-0YRRf9wkDGXallLW4JIfQZUAkBPon6Himsv38ZHcgAHCqAWUEesQKxItWgzA-gsM6SPk2AQ27i0C_rNLOeuKM6UWE6ogKZ8nLu-2uOlEeIKLno9VjGx3bevqWrrcsS9nMuMG6Mqqt1ml5N7V515OdsU8NHO20Z2ImTKFzUYFjVD89vw=w1119-h630-no

IrRmsTz1rTU2KRQN5bdEbgh6ZLGe7JOL2NyTOGWGAYQktyeamNKC0wrxn0bkjniQRy98LDK89ID-nenfTF4pxePcSzdjxdPFlQU85rHY2lkNfZ7r7m9fz3ltKi2UU7ofvebvLBNvi6sXojMvH0nGJNLI542JgHNKogqcf-GtenmR8YZ_CmZZUtNfCzIuEoRJavXaeb5g2L8wVjaPScWQ5lXLhbb01KdDuC8cWccpqvenhKl4WFrTv-VgDBb5knUYVTtZDqBgg7yO7k7uSno04msCuHZhvCqpolLwSPBibjzvieEQXELNiXh9xSiAqMGHW8nT_dpTfB1A7b3zkFW2v8__gFpd6hRUNxNDfuHLnrSnVhU50H5-5vB5qMs07T56-boLxn9ruMM6m8B1af2sYuQVUcSTkHqOQtGHSLQqvHM0Hmwcyoutx6eiL7m1WLr-TIqiFjMinw-i4T4_7q1ldvkQXhTLFIi5lmP768QK7v5PR3IkQ9nlWnZZ-e-HLmpBaMH2r1R8Y1c14soCxYgF031pIsG4E_a9EuynM3m0DcR02Wnjl_s2MfMTL0b3B2vyX3xHAg=w1119-h630-no

V8F9-FTk2r6tkbKbPx0Tnuf__a-rvpYZ89oH6ue4YL987szPGMwzQQ-4DV790SKOesg6hyuowc_of7xbJJ4rjQ6ZfYrCZLh9KY5SDNe912r3yc0sFo1hmuIc5qLU0a-FQOQtBHKsbZ9q5dmPhTDVeotE9skrbegtTLrrxCVJJZoH3guNlvsF5Xnl503kf2Qq5oe6kgIEyicgW8oDetNb9fndog3cTOQLAl6VV81dlf2QK_zRN79p0pe4YhUwAznSe2jwGcYc_c8oT5FxctNg6RSAdCbhOsJSNgmtVQGvYQMjr1tfa2HSk82f1D1FUK3_d7_qty96bIk0_FiNspelhy3tzsz5e6HqRvoSCdDK2To2P8aroSTVSF6yQkC3WKTDtdPs-XQccPNyLFagKV-_pvRLUvwWXtRbSoq7p2L8pL7OwxWBKabFc1k1jmidR5mYNv9MY1b_i2RjOjJHhcqYoYzEO-9KHtZ6NsTrYW9-LsOVjtTtGJZloGSzjvZby5_GlII4w0gaSF0Mmu7eKUbpT3X0NAR0vGb7_u4Ka6U3qrAbnyDIZguRdQYMZ5yQ2JMprlmHRg=w1119-h630-no

Reactions: ViperNuke
How can you distinguish which motors are installed? I thought the Advanced and Pro both already had upgraded motors compared to the cheapest P3?

The middle bird is my trusty Vision+ "Dirty Bird" :cool: V+ looks funny with that teeny little camera lens.

Both of the P3s have the new flush-top "A" motors & an "A" designation on the Model # (W322A for the Advanced & W323A for the Pro).

I've only had my P3A for 4 days. Now I see that it has the old style motors. Should I be upset? What is the difference?

I've only had my P3A for 4 days. Now I see that it has the old style motors. Should I be upset? What is the difference?
no I wouldn't be upset at all. I have a p3a with old motors also and have no trouble with it at all. there is no rock solid evidence saying that the new ones are better at all. they probably just cost less to make.

I have P3A with old motors and flying so cool.

If you can exchange to get a P3 with new motors, get it.

You too, eh DB?

Finally got my new P3Pro unboxed yesterday and set up today. I had wanted to wait until I had some of the accessories I ordered. Quite a bit of work, but I hadn't had a "Phantom Day" since my P2V+ crapped the bed! I had been reading the manual the last few days, as well as checking this site for resources and information, so it all went fairly smooth.

I found this post to be a wealth of information::THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum
along with msinger's PhantomHelp site with everything you need/want: DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

So, here is what I did:
  1. Took everything out of the box (The updated A-model everything).
  2. Charged Phantom Battery
  3. Charged Remote (I thought I had an issue when only one white LED was rapidly blinking, but that soon turned to two in progression, then three. It took a while).
  4. Downloaded DJI GO! app (I will probably replace with another app later).
  5. Installed Trackimo device on Phantom with Trackimo holder, Gimbal-guard, Polar Pro ND filter, Killer RC Gimbal clamp, Inspire tablet holder (metal bracket instead of plastic), and finally a Getterback float.
  6. Registered with the FAA and put Registration sticker on Phantom. (this was stupid easy, and may prove unnecessary, as I am waiting for my commercial registration to process and receive an "N" number now that I've got my Section 333 exemption).
  7. Debated not updating firmware, but eventually caved and updated the Phantom and R/C. I wondered if I'd live to regret this decision, but I'm happy to report I had none of the vibration issues, flight performance or update woes reported on the boards. Thanks again to msinger for posting this: P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware | DJI Phantom Forum
  8. Following the F/W update I cold calibrated the IMU, calibrated the compass, and calibrated the R/C.
  9. Maiden flight was today just before twilight; I am happy to report it was very successful!
  10. Had to download VLC media player to get the higher resolution videos from the P3Pro to play on my computer; there was no adware or additional installs and the player is very clean. If you get any choppiness in playback, try this software before buying a new computer. VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!
All in all, it was a full day today... hope to get some good aerials tomorrow. Enjoy yourself DB, it certainly is good to be back!

If an ESC goes out on the newer motors you will need to replace the entire controller board. The old motors have separate ESCs so you can replace just one ESC.

"New" motors are _not_ necessarily better.
Yes you are right but ESCs are covered under warrantee. If ESCs work for one year, they will work for much longer.

Good to know that after a year they can't stop working.
Its a general theory in electronics that all assembly defects come out in few months of real use and if an equipment works during that period, it should continue to work for long according to the design.

Cool stuff! Has anyone helped you yet with the need-to-know tips that can be very beneficial?

Also since they came before then end of the year you can claim them on ur taxes. :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl