Finallly enabled naza M mode today

Reaction score
after all this time and many flights with my vision, i decided today to explore naza m mode. i should have done this long ago. seriously.

IOC is awesome..no more having to wonder what orientation my quad is in after losing video feed. just switch to IOC home and pull back the stick. love it!

can you furtherly explain what this means? ive seen it in teh software app however i havent tested it

pull_up does a decent job of explaining it here.. i love it because there have been times where i have flown out in the distance, lost video feed and couldnt tell my orientation to bring my bird back..well, with IOC all you have to do is pull back on your right stick and it will come back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6SSj0qTcM

riblit said:
I put RTH on the bottom of the right switch. Saves pulling on your stick. :eek:

You put what where LOL?? And how??
I just switched to Naza Mode as well but have yet to fly will today.

monsterman said:
riblit said:
I put RTH on the bottom of the right switch. Saves pulling on your stick. :eek:

You put what where LOL?? And how??
I just switched to Naza Mode as well but have yet to fly will today.

You go into Assistant Software and if you are in NAZA mode you can select between FailSafe RTH or Manual Mode for the bottom position of the S1 switch. Manual mode is not recommended though.

So if you want your bird to come home, you can either set S2 switch to it's lower position and hold the right stick back so it's in home lock or set the S1 switch to the bottom position and wait for it to come home....which is the same as turning your RC off.

Guys I just tried Naza for the first time.... the only issue I noticed was when I fired it up outside I got a green flash and two red flashes on the rear two arms... never saw the rapid green flashing that told me I had home lock like in Vision mode is this normal?

Also on the left switch pulled all the way down when pulling back the right control stick it just went backwards and not back to me is that because I never saw the rapid green lights even with 11 satellites???? The second position on the left upr switch was great no more orientation issues back ia alway back left is always left etc.....

I looked at my card and I do not see one green and then 2 red flashes on the light code card...

To me this looks like a good pre test to see if you actually do have a home lock or not... fly out a bit... flip the left toggle all the way down and pull back on the stick... if it flies towards you you know you have a lock, is this a correct thought process?

Hmm on my card 1 green and 2 reds means GPS mode with 5 sats. You sure you are looking at the correct LED info?. When in NAZA mode the LEDs have a different meaning.

Attachments

• Nzmv2-led_indicatior.png
    Nzmv2-led_indicatior.png
    95 KB · Views: 4,756
JimDE said:
Also on the left switch pulled all the way down when pulling back the right control stick it just went backwards and not back to me
Either you didn't have GPS lock before lift off, or you lost GPS lock, or the Vision was not at least 10 meters from the home point.

JimDE said:
I looked at my card and I do not see one green and then 2 red flashes on the light code card...
One green and two red means less than 6 satellites. See http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_LED_Indicator . In fact, if you were in IOC, you should have seen red-red yellow-green being repeated. Red-red green says you were GPS with IOC off.

JimDE said:
To me this looks like a good pre test to see if you actually do have a home lock or not... fly out a bit... flip the left toggle all the way down and pull back on the stick... if it flies towards you you know you have a lock, is this a correct thought process?
"Fly out a bit" - "a bit" must be greater than 10 meters.

If you're seeing any red on the rear LEDs, all is not right for best control.

Guy's thank you very much!!!

When I fired it up and saw the red red green I did have both switches up which would of been IOC off and GPS so that explains that.

The other thing was I probably was not but 80-100 feet away when testing the full down position on the left toggle switch.... the 10 meter's range may not of been met. That answers that one too.

Again thank you very much for your time on this... it is greatly appreciated!

JimDE said:
Guy's thank you very much!!!

When I fired it up and saw the red red green I did have both switches up which would of been IOC off and GPS so that explains that.

The other thing was I probably was not but 80-100 feet away when testing the full down position on the left toggle switch.... the 10 meter's range may not of been met. That answers that one too.

Again thank you very much for your time on this... it is greatly appreciated!

When in Naza mode do not take off until all you see is slow flashing green this informs you that you are in GPS mode and it has locked its home position.

JimDE said:
The other thing was I probably was not but 80-100 feet away when testing the full down position on the left toggle switch.... the 10 meter's range may not of been met.

Well 10 meters is ~33 feet so it should have been OK (more likely it didn't have GPS lock). Also, you need to remember these distances are from the Home Point. If you've walked away from there, they are still from the Home Point, not the transmitter (you).

If you want to check to see if the Vision switches to IOC ... when the Vision is still clearly in sight and in GPS mode with IOC off, you should see a slow green blink. If you switch to Course Lock or Home Lock, the rear LEDs should change to a repeated yellow-green blink. Switch IOC off and it should return to the slow green blink.

Note that "When you are flying in home lock, if the 'copter is back into the 10m range around home point, or you switch into Atti Mode, 'copter will fly in course lock by current forward direction automatically." Though poorly worded, this line from the NAZA-M IOC page apparently says when you're returning via home lock, that feature will cease to operate once you're back within 10 meters.

Thanks again to everyone for all the excellent information... It is truly appreciated!!!

Go on slow green only .... I will make sure of that from now on for sure.

With regard to the LEDs in NAZA mode, just remember you are getting two sets of flashes which is different to Vision mode.
Because you need to know what mode you are in, the first flash indicates whether you are in GPS (Green) , Att (Amber) or IOC. The second set represents how many sats you have.

So if you are in Att with more than 6 Sats you'd get Amber + none
If you are in GPS with 6 Sats you'd get Green + 1 Red

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20